1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same-Sex Marriage Leads Catholic Charities to adjust benefits

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/01/AR2010030103345_pf.html

2. RaeofLite

:eusa_doh: ... Riiiiight. And any gay Catholics STILL willing to work for them after they implement this will be... rather STUPID.

..Sorry if my views are too harsh but really?! Why would you want to taper with your happiness and continue to work at a patriarchal, anti-be yourself (yet God loves everyone)/opressive against civil rights organization?

...And the human race sinks to a new level below those who are educated... :thumbsup:

3. Phantasma

Another desperate strike from them as they realize they've begun to lose this battle, although very slowly. That's all it is.

4. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because their views differ from mine, wouldn't preclude me from doing charity work with them.

Their bigoted views shouldn't mean that people have to do without.

5. Shevanel

This.

6. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a catholic .. .. ..

Change is slow and difficult, especially in an organization 2000 years old.

With luck our parents change their views once we come out to them. That isn't always immediate, either.

That said, how can an organization that teaches love not get that love is what is the driving force of Christ's word (IMHO, at least)

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone

We humans are interesting creatures. Must always watch for our own blind spots.

7. Just Adam

i wish humans would hurry up and stop needing to believe in things and just have belief in themselves then we can do away with all this crap. discriminating people outcasting and hating them on who they love is the most un-religious thing you can do and if it wasent so pathetic it would be funny. though they only way they can be dealt with is to laugh at them.

poor poor deluded people.

8. Emberstone

and there are many charities who do the same things, and often more effective because they are not governed by the dogma and rules of the vatican.

why not just support the other charities who are now taking up the slack while the catholic PAC's in washington D.C. bellyache about how no one lets them have everything they want.