1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four candidates for R.I. governor pledge support for same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.projo.com/news/stategovernment/content/SAME_SEX_MARRIAGE_RALLY_03-04-10_EFHL96D_v125.3987a3c.html

2. biisme

Yay!!!! The governor we have now is such an asshole. He spent money that RI got from the bailout that was supposed to go into education and gave it to NOM. He will FINALLY be out this year.

3. SumOfItAll11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that's awesome! wish I could've been there!

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's sad that the current governor of R.I. is such a douche. Providence is such a nice city and the state as a whole isn't too bad but the guy running the show gives it such a bad rep.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wow, I hadn't heard this! I think its GREAT! Good for them!

6. Emberstone

technically, cant he get in trouble for giving the bailout money to a political action group? Cant he be charged for doing that? I am fairly confident there are a buttload of state and fedual rules against spending state and federal money on a political action committie like that.

7. Dan82

I’m not sure of the exact legalities but a lot political activist groups have separate branches that receive public dollars; I believe that they are supposed to have financial separation between the part that receives money and the part that engages in activism but I don’t know the details. For example conservatives are always complaining about Planned Parenthood receiving taxpayer dollars.