1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bing censors gay searches

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/08/microsoft_bing_middle_east_search_results/

2. Just Adam

another reason for me to hate microsoft.

3. -Michael-

I doubt it's microsoft's fault.

The nation is pretty close minded.

4. Just Adam

they have to green light it though they are aware that these things are censored its a partnership thing. like when china started messing with google they find out right away and said hell no to this. infact if microsoft didnt know it would be more worrying as it means any country can start messing around with what people can see which is wrong.

so its either a security lapse and countries have managed to keep microsoft out of the loop which makes em think of the windows 7 rumors of the back door for the nsa. or they know and are green lighting it.

5. Dan82

I think that on balance it’s better for people living in oppressive counties to have access to the internet even if it’s censored. I think companies operating websites should try to reduce censorship as much as possible but ultimately provide service under the restrictions the government wants.

6. Just Adam

the sad thing is the internet companies could beat goverments if they stood up to them. as a modern country needs teh internet to survive and it shouldent be censored and without the cooperation of the company its almost impossible to censor the net