1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group: Law Should Force Gays Out of Utah

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://qsaltlake.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1701:group-law-should-force-gays-out-of-utah&catid=26:local&Itemid=39

I think and hope this bill is to extreme even for Utah.

2. Sylver

My, how Nazi of them! I can't wait for us to be relocated to concentration camps so we can all live happily ever after together. Pink triangle, anyone?

Ugh... :eusa_doh:

3. Zumbro

General consensus of the interwebs is that this is a hoax. An elaborate one, but a hoax nonetheless. The Patriots for a Moral Utah group doesn't even have a website. I think we can 100% count on this being shot down if it is true though. I'm looking forward to a lot of laughs about it either way.

4. Connor22

Revenge of the sith much? also I would like to make one tiny wee change, the word "fair" seems a little out of place.

5. Dan82

:icon_redf:icon_redfThe site I linked to looked legitimate; were they part of the hoax or were they fooled by it?

6. Étoile

What they don't realize is that they'd be getting rid of some of their doctors, police officers, firefighters, nurses, EMTs, rangers, teachers, sanitation workers, business owners, friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters.

7. Emberstone

Well, seeing as the mormon church still advocates institionalization of homosexuals, I can see how this might be real.

the problem is, is that federally, you arent allowed to do these things.

I highly doubt any self-respecting utah political office holder would want to be associated with this. They are upity, snooty, and often ill-informed... but they do not tend to be that extreme.... you have to go to oklahoma for that.

8. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty sure that this is satire.

9. mydogstewie

If this is serious...Hitler much?

10. Zach1992

What the fuck?

11. Zumbro

12. RaeofLite

...God. If this is true.. I hope all the gays and kids that will end up realizing they're gay, will be alright. :frowning2:

What's next, a freaking rainbow purge? I thought religion liked rainbows... Maybe they're jealous we took the symbol?

None the less, I have to be honest... but the overall feeling of the USA scares me. I have a feeling (even if this is a hoax), that the Americans will soon be divided between liberal/openminded/tolerant people, and religious, close minded conservative people and that a possible civil war will openly break out.

I hope it never comes to that, but hearing all these discriminatory laws and bills makes me wonder.

13. Dan82

Don’t let the rhetoric from activists confuse you about the attitudes of the people as a whole. The populous is much less polarized than the politicians.

14. Emberstone

I would agree with that, but politicians are just a polarized at the populous thes days in america. It is not about proper procedure and truth, but trying to gain the political edge at any and all cost. Yes, we have moderates/centerist, and independent thinkers, but they are drowned out by a sea of political bullshit.

15. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    dont forget all the fashion peeps! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that many of you are missing the great opportunity here. Gays move out of Utah, leaving homes and jobs available for the bigots and haters in the rest of the country. They can have them. Then, we build a Berlin type wall around the entire state, make a change to the U.S. Constitution allowing, not for succession of a state, but the expulsion of a state from the Union. Hey, we keep 49 states and give them 1.

We win. Oh, yeah, and just wait and see who tries to engineer a "Berlin Airlift" Nobody will and the bigots can starve, run out of gasoline, get cut off from cable TV. Sitting alone in cold dark houses, being holy.

I love it.(!)

17. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AMEN! So true all across the world. Tis ironic that our sexuality is just part of who we are and it should not make one iota of difference how one treats another, yet for those who don't get it yet the way for their personal conversion is to realize that it is their brother, sister, son, daughter, mother, father, aunt, uncle, etc. etc as you listed, is still a person despite the color of their hair or the nature of their sexual energy. The longer we remain closeted the longer our sisters and brothers can entertain narrow minded attitudes.

18. Emberstone

bigottry and religion are choices... sexuality isnt.

19. Johnnieguy

I've actually thought of this myself. I think we need a system in which states need to reapply to stay in the United States. My thoughts aren't just limited to kicking out states that don't love the gays. I thought we could kick out states that don't contribute enough tax $$ to the federal govt yet rely on the federal govt to provide services for their residents, and maybe even states that have done nothing to crack down on obesity (ie, they won't build walking/biking trails b/c it "costs too much" etc, etc)

20. Did someone say PINK TRIANGLE?!

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian! I thought I had found the one!

OK, enough of that. I love Weezer.(!)