1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archbishop defends decision on lesbians' children

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jfTmvT_dixBFADA9lgMgHEZL4uLwD9EBADNO0

2. Emberstone

god does say he makes a special place in hell for people who teach hatred, intolerence, and are incapable of loving others. if he considers us his enemies, christ says you are only free of the sin of hate if you love your enemy.

3. paint

I would say....that their theism is morally incompetent. And it's ironic that the institution's moniker includes Jesus of Nazareth's name. He preached far and wide about a child's purity as a force of nature and something to learn from.

4. donnie5

These sort of "judgments" always make me sick, who cares about the parents orientation IT'S NOT ABOUT THEM!! this is about the children. can you imagine how they feel. they don't understand why they have to be taken away from there friends and teachers.

5. padre411

You can find CNN's coverage here.

I have two quotes from the bible in response to this:

Matthew 19:13-14: "Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Mark 9:42: Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea.

Jesus is not amused. :tantrum:

6. Holmes

Bill O'Reilly is good on this here, however much he might annoy me on other issues. The priest he interviewed wouldn't explain why the children would have to suffer because of their parents, who weren't trying to make any political point.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0Ln5xMHYU[/YOUTUBE]

7. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is actually ridiculous! You would think that if indeed the church believes that homosexuality is an abomination, that they would want to "save" these poor innocent children. Even if the church feels it should discriminate against lesbians, why are they involving the children. It makes no sense, and this is another reason why my once strong faith in the catholic church has withered away.

8. RaeofLite

"Lesbian Controversy!"
    ...God help us all!
    *eyeroll*

Hm. Apparently they don't understand that being gay is not like adultery. :bang:

9. olides84

I agree with you. The Catholic church I grew up in was a more liberal, compassionate, open-with-welcome-arms organization. Especially when compared with the vitriol of fundamentalist churches. But all these intolerant and judgmental actions they have made recently are really disheartening to me. The church is becoming much more conservative (= fundamentalism?) it seems.

10. Just Adam

if they are going to stand by this i think they should be made to take the name Jesus out of their title as Jesus would not agree with this from what the stories say.

11. Holmes

12. Notreallysure

That is so stupid, it frustrates me!

13. Just Adam

the guys an idiot and so is their poxy messed up beliefs.

why is there never religious people on our side on these shows to counter what these morons say.

14. Holmes

Well, I think Bill O'Reilly did present a good Catholic case to counter the moron. He's someone who will always speak his mind.

15. Just Adam

i meant someone from withen the church . sorry should of been more clear. i dont really know him is he a right wing guy who dont like same sex anything but this one time is saying yea but what about the kids?