1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westboro Baptist Church Documentary (AKA God Hates Fags)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Blueeyes, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

If you have ever heard of Fred Phelps, or even if you haven't, you should watch this documentary on Youtube. It's an hour in length (split up into six 10-minute segments) and involves a British documentary filmmaker who journeys into the depths of this scary-as-hell "baptist" church in Kansas that preaches against gays like you have never seen.

Heres the first segment, after that you should be able to find the subsequent ones (they are labeled by number)
    God Hates Fags (1)

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've seen these and they are worth watching. It gives you a real sense of just how brainwashed these people are.

3. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is just sad. I feel so sorry for their children who are brainwashed. I know it makes me no better then then but I can't help but be angry at them for what they do. Picketing funerals is so sick and wrong.

#3 AzThRg0, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  4. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

it really is sad though how brainwashed they are. this film really highlights the brainwashing process by focusing on these two little kids who take part in the protest but have absolutely no idea what they stand for.

5. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I don't know where westboro is.. heh, but I looked it up and there were like a bunch of them in the U.S.

If they are living in the U.S. why don't they move out if they don't like it? :tantrum:

This is disgusting. Especially to see younger people doing it. They are just brainwashing the kids. Its particularly disgusting, to see this isn't a just a video to make fun of gay people, its actually happening. I've watched like 30 seconds of it and its already got me disgusted.

If they are really Christian, they are probably buying themselves a ticket to hell right now!

(sorry if my reply doesn't make sense, I sorta babble a lot)

6. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Now I watch it and its in Topeka Kansas, sorry.

Why don't they get there butts out of America? I doubt we want them here if they are gonna celebrate dead soldiers and be anti-gays and anti-American. Go to some of the many countries that hate us.

Edit: She has no good answers to any of his questions. I'd be like scared she'd pull a gun on me...

7. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

lol i was just reading up on one of their websites, godhatesamerica.com (in addition to godhatesfags.com, godhatessweden.com, and godhatescanada.com) and they claim that god collapsed that mine in order to punish america for being a fag-loving country.

i quote

" God collapsed the mine and trapped the six (if He didn't, who did, the mine collapsing fairy?)."

8. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

heh, no, its not a mine collapsing fairy, its called GRAVITY for goodness sakes.

If she were my mother I'd like run away (not because I might be gay...) but because she... has a LOT of screws missing in that head....

and what happened to her Husband? She divorced him? Or. most likely he left her. Isn't that considered a sin then to her?

Edit: I am still watching it, I was like rofl when they guy drove by flipping her off :slight_smile:

and, shes a hypocrite "because you are a rebellious brat, thats why!"

9. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

lol one of my favorite lines in the documentary is when he is talking to the two girls in their bedroom and hes like, "so what do the other people think of you at school"..."well they hate us, because they hate the message. we are really nice to them, but we just tell them all that they are going straight to hell"

10. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

LMAO,

Them: "I hope you burn in Hell"
    I can understand why there classmates just love them.

There are some crazy people in this World. I'd move if I lived by them.

Too bad there is a little bit TOO MUCH freedom of speech.

11. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If god is really how the WBC sees him, does he derserve worship or opposition?

12. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

ahahaha, I just saw that part, LMAO :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Him: "what do the kids at your school wear?"
    Them: "One word... Whore"
    Him: "What do the other kids think about you"
    Them: "They hate us"
    Them (the other girl though): "but were really nice to them, we're nice to EVERYONE"
    Him:"Why do they hate you"
    Them (older girl): "cause they hate the message, because, we tell them they are going to hell."

I gotta give that girl credit, she admits "I'm a dumb young girl"

#12 bvtsjm116, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  13. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

lol, i actually felt terribly in the last scene of the 6th segment when hes talking to that girl...Jail? i dunno how its spelled but it sounds like that. she says how ever since she was six people have treated her horribly and that they are ashamed to be around her. the kids are born into utter seclusion from society and i wish i could take away the youngest ones now and give them normal lives

14. Jim1454

well, you have to believe that eventually they'll get tired of their antics... once the oldest couple of generations have died off. I mean really - how can you go on for years and years, generation after generation, being SO nasty and sarcastic?!? You'd think they'd get tired of it.

15. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Yea, I agree. Its really sad how the little kids are even brainwashed. Shouldn't they be taken away from her? I honestly don't know how brainwashing works, but, shouldn't a few of them at least have some sense of what is right? I'm glad to see a few people left them. Its sad how they take those little kids, and implant in them the horrible values that one person believes is right. I cannot believe anyone would choose to be a part of that, as stated in the youtube replies... "
    UTUBESUCK666 (1 week ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
    0 Good comment Poor comment
    (Reply)
    There is no way someone can be mentally sane and be with those freaks. "

Not much more I can say, except that I feel bad for them. But the kids are really convinced they are right, so what can you do?

16. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

"Everyone in the civilized world knows how many children I got" Says that pastor...

*cough* Is it me or... does he not know? :roflmao:

17. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

i wonder if some of them left because they are gay. talk about a coming-out nightmare

18. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Yea. I wouldn't tell them. They'd probably like try to kill me.

I'm sorry, but they are just soo rude.

They act like saying "You should be killed, you are going to hell" is like nothing.
    They don't understand how saying someone should be killed is like a really horrible thing? I mean, he asks, if he had a relationship outside of his marriage, if he should be killed. she said, I think so. How can anyone say that so easily that you think they should be killed?

#18 bvtsjm116, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  19. hideinyourshel

I can't believe those people... they make me feel sick.
    Although, you can't blame the children for feeling like that - that is the sickest part. Where are social services?
    I think if ever I saw one of their pickets, I would drive up and passionately kiss the nearest boy who would let me... just to see their reaction. That, or try to hit the mother in my car! lol

20. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

lol, I'd love to see there reaction :slight_smile:

Yes, and where are child services? I guess they can't do much really since the parents are just teaching them a religion, no matter how horrid it is. Because of freedom of religion... The kids are not beaten or raped or abused verbally; except they are brainwashed to believe in that horrid stuff, but, the government can't get involved because or freedom of speech and religion.

Thats my opinion anyways, even though I don't know much about it. But I do believe the child services should get involved, but I believe that they CAN'T.