1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miss. school cancels prom over gay controversy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100310/NEWS/100310044/1001/NEWS

So they canceled the prom for everyone and now her classmates probably blame her.:***::***:

2. Aoifeee

Cowards...

3. Roralo

Roralo Guest

This article sort of killed my plans.
    Man, I feel sorry for the girl, the seniors must be on the edge to slaughter her.

4. Nodnarb

Oh the idiocy. Gotta love the South.

5. NickT

They did it purely for the purpose of making her seem like the villain. Sick :***:s

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Exactly. So now they're like "Because you had to bitch, you ruined it for everyone" which I'm sure was the goal of the administration. Sad really.

7. Zach1992

I'm not sure all schools are like this, but at my school the Junior class pays for the prom. I would DEMAND it be refunded.

8. Dan82

I don’t know exactly what you’re planning nor do I know what your school is like but I wouldn’t let this stop you, most schools don’t react in this way.

9. RaeofLite

Wow. People are so immature. And 'adults' of all people. :eusa_doh: :tantrum: To me, this seems like elementary school behaviour. Someone does something so 'authority' takes away something from everyone so the rest of the class hates you.

#9 RaeofLite, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Ask a guy to prom.
    I would hope so, I would die if this happened to me.

11. Étoile

The seniors probably have a bounty out for her head.

But really, cancel the entire prom because one person wants to bring her girlfriend? I know the good has to suffer with the "bad" (read: sensible) sometimes, but this is going overboard?

12. Breakdown

lol, this seems like the school doesnt want them 2 have a prom so they cancelled it coz of she wants 2 bring a gf.

over here in nz we can go with any1, most people just go with the same sex here.

bt i think its a bit overboard, y couldnt they jst say no u cant bring ur gf an that b the end of it

13. Dan82

Well you know your school better than I do, but this isn’t the way schools usually react.

14. Strawberry

I live on the other side of the state. Still, this bothers me a great deal. Mississippi has, for the most part, a very, very backwards and misguided outlook on gay people. That girl probably already has a hard time, if her school is anything like mine is, and they're going to make it even harder for her by canceling the prom. Everyone is going to be angry with her. Sick, sick, sick. Just goes to show that a lot of schools are run by idiots who don't think.

15. pirateninja

Jesus Christ.

That's fucked up. And just puts all the blame on her. It's childish behaviour on their part.

I feel so lucky that I was allowed to wear a tux and same sex dates weren't a problem with my prom.

16. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ugh. Absolutely disgusting and shameful behavior by the school.

17. ThePug

I feel bad that this class isn't going to be able to experience their official prom. I bet the senior who petitioned this isn't being welcomed by their classmates after news of this.

18. paint

^ This. :/

19. RaeofLite

I don't get it. I thought it's legal to be gay in the states even if some people don't like it.. Wow. 1 homosexual couple amongst how many hetero couples? They could use some friggin diversity I'm sure.

20. Just Adam

meh i dont see the big deal about proms. if they dont want them sod them i say they just organise a kick ass party themselves get drunk make sweet love down by the fire and laugh at the expense of stupid teachers. thats what happened in my day...but no drugs children as drugs are bad m'kay.

but on another note it is wrong and sick and stupid to make the student the villain . i dunno about health care reform but i think its well past due for education reform with something called human rights in there somewhere.