1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay marriages expected to create wedding-related jobs in D.C.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/09/AR2010030902069.html?hpid=topnews

2. Just Adam

HOW MUCH !

thats alot or im really cheap. wither way i hope its the best day of their lives and its enjoyable for all.

i dont think id have it in me to spend that much though lol

3. Nodnarb

$75,000?!?!?! :eek:

It would be nice to be rich.

4. Just Adam

least i aint the only one to look at that and get a shock lol.

id rather a cheap wedding do it myself thing make it look really pretty then have a kick ass honey moon then spend the rest on the family home or what ever.

but i guess the point of the thread is fairly sound if people do start spending anywhere near this sort of money just out of sheer joy of being able to get married and the volume of weddings increase then it stands to reason wedding planners and bakers etc ill need more staff to keep up with demand.

5. Emberstone

put it this way, a economist from one of the ivy league schools estimated that gay marriage would be a 15-16 billion dollar a year buisness, with most of that stimulating small buisnesses that do caterering, photography, and rentals.

6. Just Adam

i actually heard it would be more than that lol. but yea your right its all great news. who needs a stimulus package we just need more social freedoms lol.

7. Emberstone

I heard the 15-16bil on cnn i think during the 08 elections an prop8. There are alot of variables we can't know though until blatent bigottry is sweeped away from the political and social system.

8. Just Adam

end to bigotry this could take a while better hold off ordering the wedding cake then

9. Emberstone

Even a partial victory though is a victory nonetheless.

When society becomes more welcoming to LGBT citizens, we might actually be surprised just how many of us there are. We might see that 4-12% estimate go considerably higher, which would increase the financial gain from gay marriage.