1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same-sex couples glad to be counted in U.S. census

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.twincities.com/ci_14676866?nclick_check=1

2. Notreallysure

I'm glad to see it on there. It must be nice to be recognized and not in a situation like slaves were early on in the country when they were only counted as 3/5ths!

3. RaeofLite

That's awesome. I'm glad there's a loop hole, dispite the homophobia in some states.

4. Emberstone

I am curious how long before we know the figures from the census into how many gay couples there are in america. might be good to help people see we do exist.

5. RaeofLite

Good point Emberstone. Once people realize how much more 'common' we are, that may make it a bit easier. It's not like we're an endangered species. Although sometimes we are 'in danger'. :dry:

6. Emberstone

The whole point of the census is to understand he tapestry of america.

there were some conservatives who were all for it, then found out same-sex relationships will be counted, and they claimed it to be a series of conspiracies and invasion of privacy.

I don't think the Anti-gaylobby wants the truth out... that we are a sizeable chunk of the population.