1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay mariage, so what!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by fabu2113, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

i need to inform my self.well i heard that gay people cant get maried by church.but i also heard that they can get maried by law.am i correct?anyways iam about to touch a sticker.in my opinion i think thats good unuff i dont know why gays are always pushing it.why dont they use there pride and knoledge on other issues like political and other rights besides mariage.its a waste of time you cant change anyone especially a group of religous people.what you gonna do bomb a church and say to the general, that is what happens when you dont listen(alright score one for the gays).anyways if your not following dont bother writing whaaat on a comment.(continueing) gays fighting for gay mariage rights is piontless.this is coming from a gay man.what happens if we do get mariage rights whats next you tell me.there other ways of achieving gay mirage think about it.think realy hard ,i know but not going to tell ya.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's an idea dude. If you don't like it, then don't get married. Oh and use some spaces between sentences. That was such a jumble I could barely read it.

3. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

i had no idea you did not understand words haha.are you an english teacher.great idea your right i shouldnt get married at all.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

I don't want to get married. But I do wanna fight for my right to get married. And others rights to get married too.

And bombing a church?! WTF?! Uh, no. We try to open peoples eyes. And not everyone that's religious is homophobic. I've read stories of some religious people accepting gay people.

And some people do change. Just look at some of us. We start out in denial and shy. Usually, by the end we're more outgoing and just brighter. It's possible for people to change. My best friend was/is homophobic but he's slowly changing for me.

5. MusicIsLife

Its not about whether or not we as an individual want to get married. It's about having that right the same as the rest of the population.

& I second the demand for spaces in your post. it was very difficult to read.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

I didn't wanna say anything but...yeah the spacebar isn't that hard to push. I third it!!

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I have two years of being an English major. It's called knowing proper grammar, spelling and everything else. If you're living in Oklahoma I don't know why you haven't learned how to properly use the spacebar. It's not there to sit collecting dust and yeah you're a little insane talking about bombing a church. That's the sorta thing the bigots would do, not us. We're just trying to get the same rights as everyone else.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But we don't have the right to get married by law...? In *approx* 45 out of 50 states we can't get married by law... so I don't know what you're trying to say really. Not only because your grammar and spelling is that of a 1st grader, but because your argument isn't even true. Marriage is the biggest civil rights issue and if we can get marriage, then that's a big success towards ending discrimination.

Also I recommend you go back to grade school and learn grammar and spelling again. You'd think you'd have learned how to speak properly by now since you're 21.

9. Just Adam

1 space bar
    2 even though I am the one who always hopes for an end to religion I don't want places to be bombed, that's just not an answer. Besides churches have great acoustics they just need a change of venue ... stain glass windows of guitar legends and not saints.

also as others have said whether we wish to get married or not isn't the point its about peoples rights to be equal in society.

10. s5m1

Gay couples are denied very significant legal rights because they cannot get married. Here are a few important examples of the rights that married, heterosexual couples have that gay couples do not:

1. Gay couples cannot file their tax returns jointly. This means that they pay significantly more in income taxes than married couples.

2. Gay couples cannot own homes with the legal status known as “tenants in the entireties.” This affects the ability of the couple to protect the home from being taken by creditors. It also adversely impacts the ability to pass the property to a partner at death.

3. When one gay partner dies, his/her property cannot be inherited by their partner without paying estate taxes to the government (depending on the size of the estate). Married couples can do this.

4. In all states, married partners can participate in each other’s health insurance plans at work. Gay people cannot do that in all states, with all employers. And, if they do, there may be adverse tax implications.

5. Gay partners are not legally considered next of kin. This means that they do not have the ability to consent to medical treatment for their partner, if the partner is incapacitated after an accident. They also may not be allowed access to their partner in the hospital or even given information about their partner’s medical situation. Married couples have all of these rights.

6. Gay partners will not receive death benefits if their partner dies. As an example, the partner of a gay police officer killed in the line of duty will not receive death benefits that a married spouse would receive. A gay partner of a murder victim will not receive certain crime victim compensation that may be available to a married couple.

These are simply examples of the many rights we are denied because we cannot marry. There are many more. According to Human Rights Campaign, there are 1,138 federal rights that we are denied. Here is a link to an article on the subject on the HRC website. http://www.hrc.org/issues/5478.htm. Maybe gay marriage is not important to you, but it is to me, and I am going to continue fighting for it.

11. EM68

First of all, stop the bickering about grammer and spelling. This is a support website. Secondly marriage may not important to you now, at 21 but you may find someone and want to settle down. I live in MA where marriage is legal but I will fight so everyone has the right to marry.

There are about 1000 rights that married people have and I want to have the same legal rights. I'm older and dating a great guy. If we down the road decide to get married in MA, we can but if we get a job opportunity in another state, we would loose that status and all of the rights as a married couple. How fair is that? I don't want to be a second class citizen in my own country.

12. Just Adam

the closing argument for why marriage is important for us. not long ago a story was reported on here of a woman who's partner was dying in hospital without her knowing and she wasn't being allowed to see her or have any say over her treatment. :frowning2: just imagine if that was you how horrid would that be.

13. RaeofLite

I don't know about you, but I think, "as any gay person", you should fight for the rights of your group. And if you don't want to, that's fine. But don't tell others to not fight. If it weren't for others fighting, we wouldn't be where we are now. Canada and other countries worldwide wouldn't have gay marriage or civil unions...

I'm sorry if I seem irritated.. But really I'm not going to bother thinking of another way. Why? Because the methods gay rights groups are using are working. It may take a while, but we are getting somewhere. Inch by inch..

Way to say it. :thumbsup:

--

And last but not least... thanks for the info actually. I didn't know a couple of these points. :slight_smile:

14. Just Adam

i understand how you feel, well keep up the good fight to get you your right to choose

freedom is the right of all sentient beings and we deserve the freedom to marry and love who we want. ... Optimus would agree with me

15. Emberstone

Just in. Three Republicans and five democrats voted to table and half a bill to amend pennsylvanna constitution to ban gay marriage in a 8-5 vote against the bill.

16. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

17. kv88

Great important points.

18. Emberstone

good thing actually. the joined the five democrats to reject the bill. sorry, finals week and my brain is mush, so my typing is not that clear.

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Fabu2113..... My wish for you is that you will educate yourself on the importance of marriage equality. I'm a mother of one gay son and two straight daughters. Only two of my children can legally marry the person that they love and that is NOT RIGHT!

20. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

do i need to go back to school i heard(oops forgot my period tooo) two years of english major wow i feel competely stupid. :slight_smile: i went to high school hahaha

----------

I am trying to say that theres 100s of other issues besides gay marriage.You are 17.Knowledge and intelligence play no part in age.That is an offense to me.Oh well kjakfjwehgfoiuweahfoiusdhigu

----------

1st I did not say I was going to bomb a church(since I go to one that I respect). 2nd Sorry for currupting your virgin thoughts and to the other people that see the words, church, bomb, and say to themselfs wtf.

3rd Is this enough spaces for ya

----------

Sorry but Iam a loner.Yes that would be very disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.