1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8575717.stm

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, he managed to insult our (the Belgian military) in the process too. He said that this is what happens when you allow gay people to undermine your military like the Belgians, the Dutch and the Luxemburgers did.

Pretty classy, to speak like that about allies who still fight along the US in Afghanistan. I know quite a lot of people in our armed forces and I feel quite insulted by this.

He conveniently forgot to mention that other staunch ally of the US, the UK also has openly gay members of the armed forces. Almost as if he felt like he could get away with it if he only mentioned small countries... :rolleyes:

3. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What an insulting and stupid thing to say. Stuff like this just makes America look bad.

4. Connor22

I would love to be in that general's head for like five minutes, because I'm sure the little monkey has gone to sleep and left him to work out his own logic

5. Dan82

I think the reason might be that he retired before the UK allowed gay soldiers to serve although I could be wrong about that, he was NATO commander in the early ‘90s.

6. padre411

Sometimes I am not proud to be an American. If such a statement makes me traitorous, then so be it.
    :bang:​

#6 padre411, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  7. Brad

The sad thing is not that long ago if someone had of said something like this most people would have agreed. These days now that awareness and acceptance have grown almost everybody sees this as just as outrageous as it is. I honestly don't know how he could have made himself sound more ridiculous.

I think that is reason enough to be a proud American. For every person that says something so discriminatory there is someone there to correct them.

#7 Brad, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  8. Just Adam

Filip ! im insulted :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

seriously though i wish he had said about gays in British army as its weird here there's the odd ass hole that would start on you in the barracks for being gay but he would get booted for having a negative impact on moral, like i say and the army here realises whether you like a muffin or a good stuffing you can all let ya gun do the talking :slight_smile:

and for what its worth Filip Belgians are bloody good soldiers well defend the salient :grin: .... hmmm keep meaning to go back to Ypres.