1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judge won't force Miss. district to hold prom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iQRDDMNSipfZL1NVG-gK2OLZHJUwD9EKIKJ80

2. Just Adam

so was a waste of time really? great well i aint surprised. and they cant really say they didnt allow her to come with her partner as they just cancelled the prom you can think of some bs for that.

but yea what a waste of time for a predictable out come. i just hope she leaves it at this saying shes made her point and whatever will happen later but now she just wants to have a party.

3. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest thats a misleading title. The Judge made it clear that she would be permitted to attend the private prom. He didn't make the injunction because he didn't want to cause confusion between the two. In reality, it seems he came out strongly in support of her.

4. Dan82

I don’t think she was invited to the private prom.

5. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She wasn't but the the lawyers defending the district claimed that it would be open to everyone. The judge,as I understand, made his decision off that fact. Basically, the district is going to be in trouble if she doesn't receive an invitation.

6. Just Adam

i dont see how a judge can force anyone to be invited to a private prom its their choice who they invite. besides i dont know why you would go if you could if not wanted how hostile and awkward would that feel :S no fun there.