1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Divorce Denied

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.jdjournal.com/2010/03/26/gay-divorce-denied/

2. Just Adam

oh ffs, this is just what them ass holes who oppose us getting married were waiting for theyll say we cant be married for some shit reason now. hell its not even been a year :frowning2: cant people even try.

ok thats cruel of me ...i just dunno how to feel about this :frowning2:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually I find it funny really. They prevented us from getting married, now they're preventing us from getting divorced haha. Why can't they make up their mind?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Just Adam

i would just like to ass that i get pissed off at all divorces after like half a bluddy year >.> not just same sex sorry for the rant though :grin:

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did they say it wasn't a year that they had been married? 1 year residency means that? If so, either way, if that's the case, in Massachusetts won't they have to wait a year anyways? Also I don't see the point of allowing them to divorce if aren't even married in the eyes of the government of that state. They should get divorced through Massachusetts...

6. Just Adam

either way anyway utter way whatever way i dont get people getting married to divorce almost right away, especially same sex couples as it may just be the way i see things but straight people have always been able to marry and its like a drive thru in some places so a drunken impulse or a not thought through move could get you married.

but i see same sex marriage as people have been waiting for this theyve been together hoping for it and they knew each other well enough so they know their compatible to get married. :s

but perhaps i see things wrong. usually do.

7. Emberstone

am I the only one who thinks they should have considered if they truly were prepared to get married before they did so? so they just got married, and all of a sudden they want a divorce. marriage means something, yes, but it just seems like their relationship was weak from the beginning, or they just didnt think things through.

8. HackmanWIU

Um, you can say that about every single marriage, ever. There is reason why half of marriages end in divorce. Them reconsidering there choice has no bearing on them being granted this.

9. Just Adam

perhaps the answer is you have to be with someone for a set amount of time before you can apply to get married?

i think Filip said in Belgium you have to get civil partnered before you can apply to get married?, like trying a car before buying it. perhaps we could take a leaf out of that book so people have a chance to go hmm nah it aint for us.

10. Jay D

that's shitty - they say "oh yeah u cant get married" then its "oh you cant divorce" thats retarded!!!!