1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which country will legalize gay marriage next?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sokk, Mar 26, 2010.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just thought about something.. Which country will legalize gay marriage next? What do you think?

I think Iceland, Denmark and Argentina are close to legalizing it. Any other countries?

2. mingimarsdottir

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I definitely agree with Iceland as being next in line. I am from Iceland (currently in US, moving back this summer) and they are definitely the one of the most open minded countries I've been in. I went to a Gay Pride Parade there last summer and it was amazing how many people showed up. I mean 80,000 people isn't really a lot, but when you consider that it's almost a third of the population, it is. Plus they've got Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir as their Prime Minister who is a lesbian, so they're on the right track at least :slight_smile:

3. Just Adam

i think uk may actually be close if the lib dems get a hung parliament.

4. donnie5

the USA!! lol no I'm just kidding... Dare to dream:rolleyes:

5. Brad

Well there will be at least 100 countries that legalize it before Australia. I'm guessing same sex marriages will storm through European countries next.

6. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    I dont see my country being close to legalising it , even though we have married SSC , i m clueless on whats the laws here about SSC , i better go research

7. Just Adam

i wouldn't be too sure theres some pretty far wing country's in Europe still.

8. Emberstone

I vote we take over the moon, and turn it into a discoball!

with the technological advancements required to do that still a ways off, I think it is safe to bet that universal gay marriage in the USA is less likely than achiving the above.

9. Just Adam

actually we are at a state we could inhabit the moon but setting up a sustainable environment isnt there yet as if anything goes wrong help is a bitch to get lol... and theres political issues :s countrys will bitch whoever does it is trying to claim the moon for themselves and a military perspective. id spray the moon as a rainbow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: