1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Father Ordered To Pay Court Costs In Military Funeral Protest Case

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.wbal.com/absolutenm/templates/story.aspx?articleid=48645&zoneid=2

2. Emberstone

what the hell. there are no legal fees for phelps. his entire family is lawyers, who dont get paid, but make their money sueing people. they didnt have to pay legal fees to defend themselves!!!!

3. Just Adam

sickens me

4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What the hell?!

5. Emberstone

it is going to the supreme court where they will decide if 1st ammendement, freedom of speech rights protects the right of assholes to infiltrate and hurass people at a private funeral, who are expressing their right to privacy and religious expression and grief.

so it pits freedom of speech against freedom of religion.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm so confused. He was already dead, why even bother? xD
    props to the dad though... I don't think I would have reacted so civil if I were in his shoes.

Hope he wins

7. paint

If you mean why did the church (if you can call it that, shit :dry:slight_smile: was protesting? I don't think they have the intention of converting people. They were purely looking to harass and get noticed. It seems they see us as blood enemies and even have signs saying that God is our enemy too. No forgiveness, just fire and brimstone.

----------

I can't believe they won...this could be...psychologically damaging what they did. It was his son...they're lucky the father didn't lose it. It's so unnatural for a parent to bury their child, it's sick these people protested there.Their going to answer and have a mirror held up some day. Things have a way of coming around full circle. Just so messed up...

8. kv88

This is disgusting.