1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same-sex marriage will be issue on [Iowa] campaign trail

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/article_7d784c16-3bae-11df-b27c-001cc4c03286.html

2. RaeofLite

Democracy? I'm sorry, I have to say it. When I read things like this, I'm unsure of whether to laugh awkwardly or run and hide right away.

It doesn't sound like a democracy or free nation at all.

3. Dan82

Freedom and democracy aren’t synonymous; democracy often produces results that are harmful to freedom.

4. Just Adam

human rights always fall first to the great good of democracy and teh protection of the state.

:frowning2: how people could vote for those trying to dehumanise others is beyond me.

5. Nodnarb

I really wish I could comprehend Vander Plaats' and English's logic. What exactly is the purpose of the Supreme Court then? Is it not supposed to have any power at all?

They've already suffered one defeat. The state Republican convention is going to be held in Des Moines, a moderate/left-leaning city, rather than Sioux City, a far-right city, where they wanted it. BVP is going to get destroyed by Brandstad in the GOP primary. Even if Brandstad is against marriage equality, he's still better than a radical like BVP.