1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foley, Alabama police want to revoke gay bar's license

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/foley_club_sexual_activity.html

2. NickT

Well if they are breaking the law then I don't see it as a big issue, though I'm kinda nervous about all the "evidence" being police testimony, and we've seen how...forgiving...they are with us.

3. Just Adam

i agree if breaking law kick them in ass...but...i dont trust cops >.>

4. Dan82

The authorities can always find a "violation" if they want to, or cover one up when they want I never trust these things to be honest.

5. ANightDude

Uh, yeah. It needs to be shut down. Any bar that has illegal activities going on needs to be shut down. Open sexual activity is just... just gross, too.

I don't think its any conspiracy, to be honest. I'd do the same thing to the bar. The cops are only doing their jobs. If it is proven that there is some cover up going on, then yeah, they need to be held accountable. But for now, let the law work.

6. Nodnarb

Anyone else surprised that a town of 7,500 in Alabama has a gay bar?

Cops could go into any small-town bar and find underage drinking if they wanted to, its all a matter of actually enforcing the law. Maybe they're only choosing to because it's a gay bar, but it sounds like they at least have a reason for it.

7. Zach1992

Well... more times then not there are illegal things going on in a bar.

8. xCrazyInsanity

It's not that their inforcing things that bothers me

It's that they're more than likely not doing it in other bars with the same violations

9. Just Adam

your all right really, if illegal things are happening fair enough, but you find me a bar or club where there isnt, someone under age someone doing drugs, sexual contact? have these people been to clubs?

and what do they count as sexual contact? kissing? hell holding hands/ ok if its full on ok thats ott in a bar ... but hell people get friendly it happens everywhere.

every bit of me screams set up, cops will make shit up and find evidence even if they put it there, this us a small place not starting on the south ..but yea... and they want homosexuals out, isnt it a bit odd to anyone how quick the council jumped to get rid of the place?

dont trust anyone, once again its a case of give am monkey a uniform and hell shit himself in it

10. kettleoffish

Yes, it probably is with homophobic motive that they're shutting down specifically the gay bar when most bars have some underage drinking and other illegal shit going down, but really, what can you do? They're police, and they're enforcing the law. Can't really argue with that.

11. NickSum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As an Employee of Club Evolutions in Foley, AL, and being here since before the business was opened, we do not and have not ever tolerated underage drinking. We bar upwards of 20 people per week due to underage drinking. I have a copy of the investigation report here, and it startles me that if in fact lewd sexual behavior was observed in plain view, why the investigating officer did nothing but watch and report it about a month later in a report, i will tell you why, because it is all bogus, the Police Chief has stated several times, "I'm gonna shut that gay bar down." So tell me where all of this is coming from. The Police Chief David Wilson is doing everything he can to shit this bar down

12. paint

hmmm (bump)

More thoughts?

13. Just Adam

awwww (*hug*)

----------

i too agree though, police if seeing illegal activity or what they perceive it to be in my experience have not waited to throw their god like powers about.

so yea it does scream massive set up,

the problem as said above by another poster is they aren't accountable and when the council is in league with them who is on your side? nobody. :frowning2: there's nothing you can really do.

14. ANightDude

Are you kidding me? :dry: