1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Huckabee Blasts Student Newspaper for ‘Sensationalizing’ Comments

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/20...ensationalizing-comments-on-gay-marriage.html

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

So, shut up then?

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Just like many of the extremists out there, his ability to restrain himself seems to have either never developed or disappeared <.< .

4. Emberstone

He is a baptist minister first, a politician second.

I find that depending on the branch of baptist, you get varying degrees of inability to hold their tongue and think before they speak.

Some, like martin luther king jr were able to speak with passion, conviction, and reason.

Mike Hukabee has never been one of them.

5. biisme

Like usual, some of the worst comments aren't even from this person who has had this views forever and has never had a problem expressing them, but are from the people who support him. Who's the bigger fool, the leader or the ones who follow him?

But, gah, Huckabee. Words cannot express my problems with you.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AGAIN: YAWN! Anyone get my drift?

7. Emberstone

hmmm, almost sounds like you are mildly referencing the tea-party movement.

this is what is so screwed up about the political process these days. People forget that passion ammounts to diddly squat unless you can back it up with logic or reason. Words are worthless if you cant prove your point has validity. They need to spend less time making promises (this is for all politicians, not simply one side of the coin), and devote more time explaining how they are going to fulfil those promises.

one of the reason why obama won, was because he laid plans out for what he was advocating for the most part. but he hasnt followed through enough on much of it.

Do people like mike huckabee really think they can just ride to power on the mindless shouting and blatent signs of lack of understanding of the constitution, US history, and morality that are making up the political discourse?

He may try to add to it, but we need a thinker, not a sloganeer.

8. NickT

I'm moving to Canada when I'm older. I'm too fed up with U.S. Name-call--er, I mean, Whini--bah, no, wait..."Politics?"

9. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Firstly, Huckabee specified in the interview that proving the equality and meaning of gay marriage was the burden of those who wished for it. Then according to his line of logic, it is NOT gays' and lesbians' responsibility to prove the legitimacy of polygamy or drug abuse anyways. Those are different from gay marriage and they are the responsibility of the entire nation, or the world, not a single individual's accountability, or fault, as implied by Huckabee.

----------

Secondly...
    "The purpose in which two people come together is not only to create the next generation, but to train their replacement."
    That view is only acceptable in purely evolutionary biologist terms. But it must be clarified that people do not have or formulate this "purpose" consciously. It is clear that most couples marry because they are in love, and want to spend their whole lives in each other's passion. Secondly, evolution has no intents on creating a purpose for each individual. It is only a mechanism, a process, not an intelligent actor. Thus implying our only purpose in life is have children and train them is wrong. There is no reasonable support for such view. People make their own, different, meanings.

----------

Thirdly...
    "If we are going to accommodate a different definition than that, than why do you get to choose two men are okay?"
    Answer: If we are going to accommodate any definition at all, than why do you get to choose two men are NOT okay?
    Which exactly points to my concerns, and disapproval:
    Gay rights are essentially human rights! I have lived in America for a short time, and I understand the religious (larger) and cultural connections in marriage. But I come from a country where I was taught fundamental rights of human and citizen. No matter what the religious or cultural grassroots, the states, according to constitution, accommodates marriage for people of different background, and thus has institutionalized marriage along with its ideology. I think it is fair and right to let people pursue happiness. Like in our national motto: Independence, Liberty, and Happiness.
    In addition, equality is a matter of constitutional rights and has a bind with the legitimacy and authority of the constitution itself. Then why has equality been a subject of popular contests? Not every thing in this republic is to be entrusted in the hands of the masses! More doesn't mean right!
    And ultimately, I have noticed that the quest to equality for all is not decided by what is right but embattled by what is feared! Unreasonable fears that have distracted the core yearning here.

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

All these extremises are boring, any body fancy an cup of tea or coffee and some cookies?

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made snickerdoodles.

[​IMG]

Lex

12. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Fourthly, the world we live in is not ideal. We cannot "preferably choose men and women who... give birth and have children" and let them be the "preferable candidates for adoption. Because they have NO need to adopt. Duh... LOL. And because of some men and women who had no consideration for the consequence of their sex, nor responsibility for what are due to result, there are babies in need of adoption. So I would like hearing some "Thank you" please, not just to gays and lesbians, but anyone who means to do good by helping those children, even though they are not in the preferred category to follow the Biblical "purpose."

----------

Fifthly!
    How can having sex with someone be considered a "permanent commitment with that person"? I believe in genuine love and mutual respect, but I don't find any thing in a sexual activity that could prompt or warrant a PERMANENT bond. Especially when sex a a thing of the moment, no matter what is is a result of.

----------

"We don't live in an ideal world, though... But it doesn't mean we can accommodate EVERY behavioral pattern against the ideal."
    We just accommodate ours... That's why its justice, 'cos it's like just /us/, you know. LOL