1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zimbabwe PM Morgan Tsvangirai rejects gay rights move

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dude99, Apr 14, 2010.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai has joined President Robert Mugabe in dismissing calls to enshrine gay rights in the new constitution.

"I totally agree with the president," he said, state media report.

Homosexual acts are currently illegal in Zimbabwe. Mr Mugabe once said gays were "worse than pigs and dogs", sparking international condemnation.

President Mugabe told a belated celebration of International Women's Day that he had recently learned of moves to introduce gay rights in the new constitution currently being discussed.

"That issue is not debatable, it's not up for discussion," he said, according to the state-owned Herald newspaper.

"It is just madness, insanity. The ancestors will turn in their graves should we allow this to happen."

And Mr Tsvangirai said he agreed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8588548.stm

#1 dude99, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  2. gutsrie

African countries are bit behind on just about everything, LGBT rights being one of them.

3. dude99

dude99 Guest

well Zimbabwe neighbour South Africa a few years ago government leagalised gay marriages. So not all African countries are well behind in regards to gay rights.

#3 dude99, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  4. Just Adam

hes a hypocrite and a bad man as far as im concerned he got elected on the basis of change and human rights hell after he lost his own wife youd of thought that would make someone value human life,

but no, another politician another liar.

i feel sorry for all the lgbt people there having to hide and live in denial and fear :frowning2: