1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Shows

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Gaetan, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Gaetan

Rant here... :tantrum:

This is something that's been bugging me for awhile. I just watched an episode of Wheel of Fortune with my family, and I'm pretty sure the one male contestant was gay. My guess was somewhat confirmed when the person in the audience for him was just his male "friend from college."

It just saddens me that the networks likely told him, "You can call him a friend--but not boyfriend or partner."

I understand that many of the people who watch such shows are older and more conservative, so I can understand where the game shows are coming from. It's all about the ratings, and allowing a--GASP!--homosexual on a family show during prime time would likely send the conservative viewership into heart palpitations.

2. Tim

Tim

I've seen plenty of people say they're gay on TV Game Shows :confused:

It's quite likely A. He was in the closet. B. He was actually straight. or C. It actually was just a friend from college.

3. blue lagoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't assume anything.

4. Gaetan

I know I'm assuming he was--but still. I haven't seen anyone gay say so specifically on any game show.

I must not watch these ones. :lol:

5. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've seen at least 3 instances on WoF where someone's called their partner their partner.

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    The contestant could very well have been gay, but he could have been closeted as well. He could have decided himself not to call the other guy his boyfriend.