1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Study: Bullies home in on gays

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r..._bullies_home_in_on_gays/srvc=home&position=6

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm and this is news?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It would explain (even further than has already been explained) why a fair amount of LGBT individuals wait until they're adults to come out.

4. Étoile

I gotta agree with you. It's already been established that kids who're gay or are perceived to be gay will receive much more harassment and bullying than non-gay kids.

But it's still a good way to shed light on this issue.

5. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

As if we didn't already know this.

I really wanted to reply to some of the stupid comments under the article but can't be bothered registering on the site.

6. Zach1992

Shocking!

7. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't have to register to read the comments. That said, I don't recommend going there, I stopped reading at page 3. The comments were atrocious.

That said, I do think the study is important. Now we have science to help us make the changes necessary. A lot of people out there, believe we are "favored" or have it "easy." This can go a long way in helping us win the public debate and eventually be able to make the necessary changes to help prevent this.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

But there will still be dumb bitches who say that people should be normal and not be gay so they don't get beat up. So yes, this will help but you still will unfortunately have people who are on planes of existence so far away that they're untouchable even by logic.