1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intresting read.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TwistedNerve, Apr 27, 2010.

1. TwistedNerve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. thegrimreaper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that was a long read, but it was worth it. It was interesting and disturbing at the same time. I dont understand why people would want to go to this "retreat" to change things they cant change for that amount of money. It was well written though, and Im glad this person decided to get the info out there.

3. Apple Pie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Finally, he takes in a deep breath and asks, “What is a man?”"

A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS XP

Sorry, I just had to get that out of the way.

4. TwistedNerve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This story really put me back down to earth and gave me a new insight on the ex-gay movement that I never really gave much thought. Cox summarizes best at the end

I understand now that need and want for someone to change. Like a lot of us at this site might be able to relate to the fear they might feel for loosing people they love by coming out. But these journey people... they have an even greater chance of loosing everything they've know their whole lives. It's either change or I loose it all. Im blessed to know that I don't know if I will loose it all. I have a chance that people might accept me. These guys don't. Their reality is all or nothing while mine is maybe...maybe not. I don't know If I would be able to handle that. I don't agree with the ex-gay movement but I think I can sympathize with them now.

5. Apple Pie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And to actually contribute something...

It's really interesting to see reparative therapy from the perspective of a straight man. And I just cannot understand how they think any of those treatments would "cure" homosexuality. Some sound like it would make you more attracted to men.