1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaplains fight 'Don't Ask' repeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/36429.html

2. NickT

Might as well argue against allowing Jews and Muslims to serve as well...

3. Jay D

Dude, that's messed up - gays ought to be allowed to serve openly. I think they're being stupid.

4. Emberstone

People have tried. a few chaplins went onto fox news after fort hood and said thats why you cant allow muslims into the military. one even said evicting all muslims from america is a good way to start too.

Freedom of religion does not mean every institution has to pander to your ill-concieved, vile, bigotted beliefs.

5. Nitro

Or from a different perspective, how about the whole purpose of a military, to kill other people. Is that not against the instructions of Jesus. I'd like to see how popular a chaplain would be with the military if he (or she) broke out:

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Umm, excuse me? They're discriminating themselves, doiiiy! And they're also "threatening religious liberty" of soldiers anyway by imposing their own religion upon them. Honestly, bigots need to think their arguments through a little more.

7. Alex19

how would someone being open about their sexuality discriminate against christians? THIS MAKES NO SENCE. if anything the christians are discriminating against us.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They always use the stupidest reasons for preventing men and women from serving openly.

9. donnie5

oh i love it how Catholics still somewhere in there messed up heads believe they have a right to talk about homosexuality. police yourselves first please!! when they have no more child molesters then maybe I'll hear the argument

10. Emberstone

You cant expect a instutition that claims authority and infallability as granted by a God they claim views them above all other people on earth as being very likely to police themselves.

I honestly think that the military chaplins are overstepping their bounds. they are there to provide emotional and religious suport to military personal to who come them... they are not there to dictate law or protocal. Seperation of Church and state!