1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay parenting

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by travelinsoul21, Apr 30, 2010.

1. I know you can either adopt kids or have a surrogate. What is the legal status of this? Also, if it isn't legal in a certain state, can you adopt a child in one state and bring the child back to your state of residence?

*No* I'm not planning this anytime soon, but I have always wanted kids and someday will have them

I want to wait until I have a stable life with someone I love

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Are you asking about the legal status in your state? Or are you asking members what it is in our state/country?

Just to be safe I will answer both:

In Oklahoma, it is illegal.

In Ohio, where I live, it is unclear. No laws say you can, none say you can't.

As for you being able to move with your adopted child to a place that doesn't allow it, they cannot do a thing about it since everything was done in another state, and it would be up to that other state that does allow it to revoke your right and take your child away.

However, I am sure in places where you cannot adopt, they view gay parenthood as putting a child in danger, so they would take your child if you were proven to be gay.

Is this right?

#2 Lady Gaga, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  3. I was asking just generally speaking. I know it is illegal in Oklahoma, I just don't know what the general consensus was, nationwide

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone