1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video: "Stop Hating On The Feminine Gays!"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Greggers, May 1, 2010.

1. Greggers

First off, I don't know if this has been posted already, if so I am sorry and you can merge/delete this thread or whatever. I just felt like this video had to be posted and discussed.

So once again, I am popping back in for a short EC visit to share something I have come across. This time it is a video posted on Tyler Oakley's Facebook that really stood out to me. When I was around EC a lot this was my 'hot button' issue, discrimination against feminine men from inside the LGBT community. All my posts and rants on the issue could not match how blunt and forward this video puts it. Please watch the ENTIRE video, because he addresses some counter points and clarifies his stand.

(Disclaimer: a fair amount of swearing)
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIZpiC4C1e0&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

So after watching that, what do you think? Comments?

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I saw Tyler post this on his Twitter. Which he still hasn't started following me >_> It sends a really good message

#2 Revan, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I never hate on anyone for how they act.

In fact, I have so much respect for feminine gays. They act the way they feel, they act the way that makes them happy, even though so many people will hate them. Even other gay people hate them. They deserve my respect for being so brave, just for pursuing happiness.

I just want to give them hugs now.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loved it. Seriously, loved it. Especially the "how am I responsible for someone hating on you?" (the only person who can truly reflect badly on you is yourself, not someone else who happens to share a characteristic with you) and the "go show them what a man you are, that should solve the problem, right?"

5. interstella

I LOVE this :grin: I was literally just about to post it. Luan is one of my favourite youtubers :slight_smile:

6. Brad

Honestly i think this guy is a hypocrite. He says it isn't fair to stereotype all effeminate gays and yet he groups all masculine people into the 1 group saying they all hate effeminate gays. While he says they don't all know him he also doesn't know all of them. So it is fair for him to group all masculine gays together into the haters group but isn't fair for masculine gays to group all feminine gays together?

I don't disagree with the fact that being effeminate is no reason to be targeted.

Most overly feminine gay guys i have met i don't like. Due to the fact that all i have met seem to just act bitchy. However i haven't really met more than a few. Whether they act bitchy because they are feminine gays or not i don't know but it is something i have now associated with feminine gays. Although i wouldn't go as far as to hate someone because of it. Still it doesn't mean just because i believe a gay guy is effeminate that i would avoid getting to know them if the before mention trait wasn't a factor.

#6 Brad, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  7. Alex19

he had a lot of good points. i agree with him 100%

o and he was soooooo cute!!! i love me some asian men!

8. KnightAssassin

lol well i am a feminine gay when i am super happy , masculine when i am neutral , and when i am displeased i am like evil XD i am like color of the rainbow .

9. acorn7

This is the original video, which is a lot more... let's say... calm :wink:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWPHb0Fte9c[/YOUTUBE]

<3 Brandon.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like the way effeminate gay people act really. Just because we all have one thing in common doesn't mean we have to like everyone :slight_smile: But trying to live by my rule of not caring what people do unless it hurts someone otherwise it's none of my business. :slight_smile:

11. Beachboi92

1) guy in original vid is cute
    ok anyways
    I loved the vid i 100% agree, effeminate gay guys are just acting the way they are because THAT IS WHO THEY ARE, the difference is they don't even have to be out of the closet and people are already going "its a faggot!!!!" Those people on the more extreme or "stereotypical" ends of the spectrum are the people that usually make the difference and who started the movement because they couldn't hide who they where because they where already getting grouped into LGBT by society. There is nothing wrong with fitting the "gay stereotype" in whatever way. If you happen to be that way it is who you are and who can tell you that is wrong.

I used to be put off by effeminate gay guys but i actually took time to get to know some and i am friends with a few, and not with others but not because they where effeminate but because of OTHER UNRELATED aspects of character.

people who go "gays are cool but not eh girly ones" piss me off. It is ignorant and shows that they actually are not a very accepting person. In the Gay community i think people who act like that are simply that way because they are to afraid to face any more stigma from society, because they are not strong enough to stand up for themselves and it therefore acts almost like homophobia inside the LGBT community. I will never bash an effeminate gay guy, or anyone who stands out as LGBT because they have 5x the heart and guts i do to be themselves so openly.

12. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I agree with those vids I mean I would not have one as a boyfriend but I dont mine them after all we need all the help we can get.

13. nickmc

"There are 7 colours to the rainbow. I might not like orange, but without orange, there wouldn't be a rainbow"

I think that comment sums it up really. We are all part of the same global LGBT community and hating within that community because of how someone acts, not only is counterproductive, but it also makes us hypocrites.

Nick

p.s. And I agree with Beachboi above. The guy in the original video is adorable!

14. Miss Bubbles

I am a fem gay and I like it lol I have my bitchy moments like someone above has mentioned but when I am not mad or pissed at someone I am a really calm nice person. In a relationship lets just if kids would be involved i would be the "mother"/ So by me saying that you get a pretty good Idea.