1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Iowa] Gay marriage opponent questions family camping policy for state parks

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 7, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.radioiowa.com/2010/05/06...stions-family-camping-policy-for-state-parks/

2. olides84

Is this guy an idiot? Yeah, rhetorical question as he is a politician :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Uh, state government agencies have to change rules/policies/whatever to comply with state laws. Same sex marriage is state law. Thus the change. No debate.

3. No One

Really, he is going to fight this? That is ridiculous! Sometimes I just want to smack every republican I know.

4. Emberstone

Remeber, extreme homophobic republicans tend to be the gayest people in existance... they might mistake that smack as a invite to a spank&tickle party.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Oh god forbid! Give me a break and do something productive with your job like figuring out how to increase employment and reduce the effects of recession in your state or something.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of a lot of things...a LOT of things when it comes to LGBT issues....but parks? REALLY? So of all the things that concern you, it's gay couples and their families coming to state parks? Really? Really? You'd figure with everything going on with DADT and everything else, you'd want to focus on that, but nope you choose parks. Really? REALLY?

7. Meropspusillus

I'm pretty sure unemployment is God's punishment for letting gays in state parks though.

8. Chandra

Not coming to state parks - putting up an extra tent on a campsite at a state park. Which would just be, you know, a travesty of monumental proportions.

I'm glad these senators get paid big bucks to take care of the important stuff.