1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May 10, 2010 White House bristles at mention of Elena Kagan’s sexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 10, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://dailycaller.com/2010/05/10/w...-will-reach-accommodation-on-releasing-memos/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh brother >_>

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't read that. Pointless news. Who cares who likes who. None of anyone's concern.

4. Zach1992

I fail to see the relevancy to her confirmation. If she is she will help with DADT & DOMA for sure.

5. Beachboi92

The issue we see presented is

1) if she is openly gay or rumored to be the conservatives can say she will not be fair and try and attack her sense of morality on that basis
    2) Defending her from those accusations get tricky because they can't make it seem like being gay is bad but they also don't want the other issue i just mentioned

People should really care about this in the LGBT community Lesbian or not she is an avid supporter of equal rights and could ultimately make a big difference in making big steps forward for the LGBT community.

i personally think that the White Houses response should be
    "We do not know, require to know, nor care about her sexual orientation as that is not important in deciding a good pick for someone being nominated for the position that President Barrack Obama did. She was chosen for her qualifications and what the president feels are solid moral values and an excellent understanding of the law."

The thing i don't like about it is i feel like the media has tried to lightly poke at her sexual orientation in a sly way that will cause an issue but be hard to confront due to the sly manor in which the information was released. What bothers me most is that the information posted was obviously unsubstantiated or CBS wouldn't have pulled the blog and we would have seen that info elsewhere. It just smells of an attempt to create issues to me (reminiscent of the Obama is a muslim/not born in the US rumors).