1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RoadTexas A&M's Faculty Senate takes step to attract more gay professors

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/05/texas_am_gay_professors.php

2. Johnnieguy

That wouldn't be enough for me to move to College Station. First of all, it's Texas...And not one of the good parts of TX (ie, Houston, Austin...you know, actual cities). Second of all...Isn't the city awfully isolated?

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I live here right now, and it's a lovely place to live. It is a fairly conservative area (even though we have a Democratic Congressman) but it's a nice town of about 100k people when university is in session. I don't know what Johnnieboy means that it's not a "good part" of Texas, but I enjoy it. It's not where I am going to choose to make a family, but it works for me now.

4. Alex19

good to here texas is taking a step in the correct direction... but its still texas.. aka the south/west (idk what it counts as haha) and i wont b going there anytime soon

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

From what I've heard, Houston is a pretty awful area of Texas. That might just have been the people I've talked to though.

6. Johnnieguy

Just to everyone stops jumping on me, I only truly enjoy large metropolitan areas. 100k people doesn't cut it. Conservative also = gross. Totally undesirable, to me anyway.