1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laura Bush Supports Gay Marriage, Abortion

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 12, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/laura-bush-supports-gay-marriage-abortion/story?id=10629213

2. Emberstone

the gay marriage thing does not surprise me... the abortion stance, however, does. I generally always felt more positive of her than her husband. She is a feirce advocate for literacy and education, which is a given as she was a librarian.

One of their daughters supports gay marriege too if i remeber correctly. the other might, but never heard her express it, so best not put words in her mouth.

There is a division going on in the conservative movement as of late. The party is splitting, with people who actually know about and believed what abraham lincoln believed in are showing their libertarian values, then there is the tea party, which professes to be the party of lincoln, but contradict everything he stood for. the tea party represents bush, and laura seems to more represent lincoln.

that is why so many libertarians are taking the chance to step forward and speak openly in favor of Gay rights and marriage equality. There should be no surprise that people can support conservative economic policy, and support gay marriage.

our political parties have just been to polarized for too long.

3. No One

I just gained respect for Laura... something I never thought would happen.

4. Gaetan

I honestly believe that a lot of conservative politicians actually do believe in gay marriage. However, they are all just pandering to their desired demographic and spouting anti-gay rhetoric.

Would be nice if they all grew spines.

5. Notreallysure

i agree gaeton. for their career's sake, they cannot personally support something that their constituents are so strongly against. it's pretty frustrating. i've always been a fan of laura bush. she did not advocate her positions as first lady because that is not the role of first lady. she stood by her husband, something that is pretty admirable, especially when they disagreed. i might read this book now.

6. NickT

And all my suspicion towards her has just melted away...Wuv her <3

7. Alex19

shes a pretty cool lady. too bad she decided to show her support too late

8. Emberstone

first ladies rarely have a voice to go beyond their presidential husbands stances and political agenda. it is just not done.

Better late than never.

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I've always liked Laura Bush for two reason (Abortion and Gay Marriage are reasons three and four)

1. She actually has common sense.
    2. She can seperate politics and relationships. She is open liberal (or moderate conservative) unlike Bush.

10. Emberstone

About the same. She really is a good person, even if her husband was a total moronbag.

11. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well I would have given her a huge thumbs up if she said supported gay marriage when the moron was president.

#12 dude99, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010