1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Episcopal Church consecrates first openly lesbian bishop

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/15/episcopal.lesbian.bishop/

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm really loving the Episcopalians these days. If I was wanting to go back to going to church every Sunday they would be my 2nd choice right after the Unitarian Universalists. Ha, ha!

3. Emberstone

come on, ELCA needs some loving too. They are allowing gays to serve openly in the luterhen clergy.

Like the republican party being split by the tea party, we are seeing a shift in christanity, where more moderate, traditionalist christian churches and congregations are stepping back from the dominatrix style of christanity that has grown in the last 150 or so years, and returning to a movement based around the idea that everyone has value and is loved.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Pretty much this is what I think.

I am just glad things are moving forward, even if just a little, it's still progress. <3

5. blueeyedcutie

I grew up with the ELCA and they still have some traditional beliefs about homosexuality. I haven't been back in three years since I was confirmed and now I probably won't ever go back. People were mean to me at church, I just didn't feel all that Christ's love coming my way and I still haven't come out. Maybe the church has changed but its good that its coming and is much needed.