1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSW Transport Minister resigns for using Minister's Car to visit Gay club

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Bevo, May 20, 2010.

1. Bevo

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/campbell-quits-as-nsw-transport-minister-20100520-vmal.html

The Minister for Transport and Roads in the New South Wales Government, David Campbell, has resigned his cabinet post following his admission of allegations that he misused his Ministerial car to visit a Gay Sauna.

[​IMG]

He will remain as the local Member for Keira (Wollongong).

Who'dve thought it? David 'the fat controller' Campbell gay...I just saw it on the tv and I was surprised...

#1 Bevo, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol seriously? Can someone please tell me how many secretly gay politicians are going to surface? Seriously is the whole government personnel who are against gay marriage actually secretly gay or something?

3. Connor22

fail that's almost as bad as Sammy Wilson in the south of France... and we're talking millimetres (google it)

4. Just Adam

it aint taht bad so he took a car instead of a taxi.. :S

not like he once killed a rent boy

5. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well how could he live a double lifestyle like that without his wife knowing? It would have been much better if he came out to her before this incident happened. In additon I would have had more sympathy for him.

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

well the above post was wrong and I made a mistake in that. I live in Sydney and its front page news and the biggest news story on the news and I just watched the news and they discussed 5 minutes of it and it was footage of him leaving the gay sauna. There was very little content on his performance on his job. Anyway what he does in his private life is his business and he should be more judged on his performance as a politican.

7. KittyBoy

I'm just happy that David "warlus" Campbell is finally gone, he has done sweet FA in his position and Roads and Transport Minister.

8. dude99

dude99 Guest

Anyway I believe that some gay guy at the sauna dobbed him in. Even though I did not like what he did as a politican I think its really slack of the guy that dobbed him in and forcing him to come out of the closet. Some gay guys out there can be really cruel and quite homophoibic.

In addition he could have suffered blackmail too as he was a high profile figure as he lived a double life. I guess he would not be the only high profile figure subject to blackmail due to his sexuality.

#8 dude99, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
  9. Bevo

Right on!

Who cares if he's gay, he was still crap at his job and he is still part of a government that is as moribund as his political career is right now...

#9 Bevo, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  10. KittyBoy

Name one damn thing he has done right in his term as roads and transport minister, hell even Rudd is better suited for the job, AND HE NEVER GETS ANYTHING DONE!

11. Bevo

Haha lets not get on to the topic of dear comrade Rudd....XD

12. KittyBoy

All he needs is a red shirt and then he is all set!

13. Stuie

What find hilarious about Rudd is, the right thinks he's too far left and the left thinks he's too far right. He's struck the ultimate middle ground of having absolutely no political conviction to either side, so they both hate him. However I find him less gross than Abbott and dearly hope he doesn't end up leading the country.

14. KittyBoy

Tony is more ethical, and he will restore the great injustices that have been done by Rudd. Judge a person on their work not their looks.

15. Bevo

I know where you're coming from but I'm still apprehensive on an abbott government, even though I think too much is made of his religious convictions, better than Rudd anyways in most respects. There's little difference between labor and liberal today anyway...

16. KittyBoy

Tony can admit when he is wrong, and he can also admit that he has lied, he has also admitted private issues about his family and he had no need to. He was being totally honest. Now look at Rudd and tell me if he has done the same.