1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian musician comes out about being gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, May 21, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a nice article about a Christian musician (i.e., maker of Christian music) opening up about accepting herself, being gay, and the impact of that on her music career

2. NkyJ

I liked the article, but the comments at the bottom of the page gave me a great laugh.

3. NickT

I've honestly considered posting a paragraph-long diatribe, claiming to be some Jainist or something, on a Christian forum. At the end I'd mention how angry they must have felt reading it and perhaps they'd think twice about blabbing about crap nobody cares about.

4. NkyJ

I love how they're just mindless followers reciting things with horrible grammar and spelling. They pretty much give me a reason to read articles like this though. :slight_smile:

5. Emberstone

as a christian scholar once rightfully pointed out... most christians wouldnt know christanity if it was right in front of them.

it has become so convoluted, mistranslated by hate and spite, and abused by anyone from the local pentacostal preacher to the nazi regime of germany that only people who open their eyes, drown out all the opinionated heresay, and bother to educate themselves will be able to distill all the shit people have forced onto christanity to get to what it was suposed to be about from the very beginning.

It is life imitating the greatest truth of human nature. the moment the oppressed are no longer the oppressed, they become the oppressers until the new oppressed rise up and repeat the vicious cycle.

6. Zach1992

Jennifer battles a homophobe "Pastor" on Larry King:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1Bb2lO0VE[/youtube]

7. NkyJ

Bible bible bible bible.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a wonderful woman! She responds to him with love, she tries to find common ground, she shows her respect and kindness.

Doesn't that guy realize that he's coming off like a complete ass, sitting in judgement, and stating that *his* truth is *the* truth, and devaluing the idea that she might have another pastor, just as learned, with a different truth?

Bigoted, ignorant people make me angry.

9. NkyJ

The fact that he uses the word "fact" with respect to religion makes me cringe.