1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centrist GOP Sen. Collins will vote to repeal 'Don't ask, don't tell'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 25, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ollins-will-vote-to-repeal-dont-ask-dont-tell

2. Yay! I'm glad that people are able to pull their heads out of their asses. :slight_smile:

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I think it should be noted that her head was never in her ass. She has a record of being gay-friendly.

She voted yes on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation, yes on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes, and no on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. She also was rated 78% by HRC.

4. Oh. Whoopsies!

I look like a dumbass now, don't I?

Dammit.

5. Emberstone

both susan collins and olympia snowe of maine are centertist, pro-gay rights republicans. been fans of both for years. They tend to be the best chances for bi-partisen discussion, and thats why conservatives and tea party activists hate them soo much. They are free thinkers who are capable of thinking with logic and reason, and that is the greatest threat to partisans like the tea party.