1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laura Bush for Gay Marriage and Pro-Choice

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Phoenix, May 28, 2010.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Idk if this has already been posted, but I found this Youtube video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNabdDx_mU[/YOUTUBE]

I for one am not really surprised. This isn't the first time it's happened (See: John McCain's wife and daughter) and I think it's becoming more and more common for people who are heavily under political scrutiny to set the record straight after they're no longer under that scrutiny.

2. ahhthehorror

ahhthehorror Guest

I can't believe she married such a prick. :]

3. Deaths Sub

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All I have to say is it was a little to late for her to say that she was for gay marriage but I can understand why Laura Bush did not say anything, but I do wonder if she ever mentioned her side of things to her husband.

4. Meropspusillus

It's also worth noting that these are all people who don't need to be elected. Republicans aren't necessarily homophobic or heterosexist assholes (I don't really need to tell you that, do I Derek?). But I think, in order to successfully elected republican official, you need to be. Which is, wrong, as liberal as I am on every front, I think its wrong that people who are otherwise conservative have to vote liberal if they want rights (even if it is good for the party I vote for's political power).

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I think you do have a point, but there's also definitely a cutoff point; in my state we have same sex marriage, and discrimination based on sexuality in the workplace and in schools is illegal under state law. If the state legislature now would actually do SOMETHING regarding transgender rights, then I would vote for whomever said they would do something with that but no candidate wants to really grapple with all the controversy it seems to raise (which is just so stupid). That being said, there aren't really any more rights to vote for here at the moment regarding LGBT individuals (to the best of my knowledge, I try to keep up with those types of issues as they're being discussed by lawmakers but I might be missing something) which is why I continue to vote Republican.

But as I said you certainly do have a point, especially since liberalism at its core means you're endorsing change. Thus in order to get rights that you don't have you would have to vote liberal.

6. Emberstone

and remeber, a presidential spouse really doesnt have much of a voice while their spouses are in the white house.

conservatives are alot of things for votes. Thats politics.