1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Chief Secretary to the Treasury resigns after his Gay lover is revealed.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ty, May 29, 2010.

1. Ty

Ty

[​IMG]

(On the left)

Such a shame. Looks like he's going to be replaced with either Chris Huhne or Jeremy Browne.

2. Connor22

wait why did he have to resign? he was doing the right thing in paying the money back and he wasn't doing it because he got found out, I heard he was only found out that he was paying the money back after he had started.

3. Just Adam

he seemed like an ok politician buit spineless.....

i think he should resign fact is for years he was paying his partner thousands to live at his place or as good as....and in 2004 new rules were bought in saying you cant pay for accommodation with anyone you consider a spouse or partner....and he tried worming round the law saying they had different tastes different social circles ? what?

so yea paying it back or not he still broke the rules in doing it in the first point but they all are doing it so whats it really matter any more you just cant trust politicians.

4. Bryan90

Well.. he shouldn't have claimed those expenses in the first place....

Though I have to admit... When you are presented with resources.. it's pretty hard to follow the strict guidelines..... Like how I use the company printer for my personal stuff... This is just a "magnified" version of it...

5. kettleoffish

I see no reason to defend him. Him being gay has absolutely nothing to do with this. He abused the system and took money he shouldn't have, therefore he should be forced to resign.

Those of you with jobs: what would your employers do if it turned out you took £40,000 from them that you shouldn't have?

6. Ciceron

Ciceron Guest

Yeah, really this situation has nothing to do with being gay. He misused the power he was given as a public servant and regardless of his "intent" to repay it, it would be stupid to allow him to continue.

I doubt this would we given as much attention if his partner was female. I'm kinda irritated, since in reality I'm sure this thing happens more then we are aware.

I don't know, politics before the people you care about? Obviously the people who put him there don't mean much. Sorry for being angry, I just can't stand corruption in government.