1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Gainesville FL] Mayor Lowe wants the focus off him being gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...=Mayor-Lowe-wants-the-focus-off-him-being-gay

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats to Mayor Lowe. I find people completely ridiculous when all they see is someone's homosexuality. Big effing deal, so he's gay, he still could wind up a great mayor. Only time will tell.

3. Why can't someone do their job in peace? Why is their sexuality even relevant?

This is why I would never run for public office.

:bang:

4. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because while sexuality is changable and relevant as say eye color, unlike eye color it does affect your experiences and views on issues. It may be a bit of a catch 22, but until sexuality is treated by society as something as mundane as eye color, how we deal with it and how others react to us because of it will greatly color our lives and in turn how we think, act, and beleive. All of which are very relevant to electing someone to power as make decisions on behalf of us. While it shouldn't be factor, the reality is that it is a factor. (The catch 22 being that it can't become a non issue as long as it is an issue)

5. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's sad that some people prefer to stay in the eighth grade.

6. Emberstone

in my area, it would be the 3rd grade, not eight. the schools in my area are thankfully big on keeping ahead of racisem, sexisem, and homophobia in the classrooms. Partly because A, it is liberal oregon, and B, legal liability.