1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young Brit joins growing list of gay mayors

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Dan82

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow...that's young for a mayor, only a year older than me O_O. My shout out goes to Ian.

3. partietraumatic

i can't see how a 23 year old can make a good mayor lol...

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Thats what I was thinking too. Not had long enough to gain some life experience! Then again thats normally the downfall to these kinds of positions anyway.

5. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

hey just cos he is young doesnt mean he aint smart!! i bet he has some very good people around him that helps him and thats why he is mayor.

6. partietraumatic

i'm sure he's smart. Its just at 23 there is no way he can have expereinced the things that will be important to many of the people he represents. So he will have to rely heavily on his advisors, i guess

7. Bryan90

Well it's a small town.. There are a lot of other examples where people around 20s or even teens become mayors of small towns...

Maybe a different skillset is required for small towns... Less formal administration, more interpersonal skills? Maybe these youngsters are good at the latter.