1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay teen says school ignores bullying

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=118789&catid=109

2. Connor22

that's scarily true, or at least in my school, sure I've been called all sorts of things with a teacher right in front of a teacher adn they didn't even notice!

3. That happened all the time at my old school. Thankfully, the kids don't get away with it at my current school. It's actually pretty funny that my old school was so intolerant. The principal was a lesbian! xD

4. blueeyedcutie

I'm happy that I never came out in high school. I had a lot of stuff going on in my life at that time. I'm going to be a junior in college and I want to be out. I hope that my campus is supportive. Anyway, more power to him for standing up and saying he shouldn't be treated like dirt!

5. pteen

This is one of those things i hope changes

6. D_Alejandro

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's very unfortunate.....especially when without trying to sound bad, he doesn't look or even sound gay at all >_> I'm glad he came out which shows you don't have to act or look gay to be gay, but the fact that still flew by the bigots heads....it just pisses me off that just saying two words can mess up one's life because of the ignorance of others :frowning2:

And um...is it kinda wrong that I seriously find this guy cute?

8. It isn't wrong at all. I think he's cute, too! (&&&)

9. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My school has a zero tolerance policy with all sorts of bullying, which is sadly rare for high schools in Canada. I hope to hear great things about this guy (who I too think is cute :wink: ) in the future.

10. British Lad

British Lad Guest

my college has a zero tolerance policy

11. Étoile

My school was similar to that. I'm glad graduation's next week. Kids would tease and harass gay kids and the teachers would rarely, if ever, do anything to stop it. Oddly but thankfully, people stopped teasing me after I came out this year.

I hope they include anti-sexual orientation and gender expression bullying in their rules. He shouldn't have to transfer or drop out to feel safe.

12. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Well in my school it did happen sometimes but it usually woulden't last too long. I mean the kids would get teased then it would just sort of end and they would move on. It never actually happened to me though since im usually considered more of a masculine gay guy. But i still dont think it should be tolerated anywhere that it happens.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though I don't know, you so should of tried to get valedictorian and then in your speech brought up the fact the teachers did shit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It would of been an excellent way to leave the school :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Étoile

I had a 3.3 GPA, so I wasn't even close to being valedictorian. Me and the real valedictorian would joke around saying we were married to each other. I divorced him the last week of school. :icon_bigg

It'd of been nice to sock it to them at graduation though.

15. Alex19

its so weird for me to read stuff like this... in my school if someone had said something like this with a teacher near by, the teacher would have bitched them out so bad. my school wasnt perfect, but it was amazing in that way. :slight_smile:

16. chained butterfly

Im sure the teacher would have said "hey!" or something in my school. Then again I wouldn't know what they would do. Every time someone called me a name i handled my own and didn't wait for a teacher.

But it's sad. Hope the best for the dude <3

17. AnneChaos

AnneChaos Guest

That's sad...

In my school teacher's don't do anything. They just don't pay any attention to it. I only had a teacher (awesome teacher!) who didn't tolerate those kind of things.

One of my colleagues is constantly bullied by his "friends". It makes me really angry and sad. They are always saying he's gay because of this and that (I actually think he is...but he never said anything about it) and laugh. He never does anything because they are the only "friends" he has. I'm always the one who tells them to shup up and stuff...

18. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

At my first school, they didn't care if anything happened to me because I was gay. And I know this because stuff did happen to me and they didn't care.

So I know how he feels.