1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Republicans to hold Tea Bag Toss

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=65530

2. Rikudo

Oh jeez I wish I could get to teabag Sarah Palin.

3. Emberstone

Still have to question the mentalities of anyone who would support a movement that wants them dead/deported/jailed for being different.

4. Just Adam

i agree unless they hope to change it from the inside somehow that aint working

you'd never think you'd say that would yo ? lol i want to teabag Sarah palin...* shudders *

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Everytime I heard the phrase "gay republican" I just laugh.

6. Just Adam

they are real, they're in American dad !

7. Charme

Charme Guest

They don't support the entirety of what Republicans stand for. It's just that they support Republican ideals on the economy and other stuff. Besides, it's not like the only thing Republicans do in politics is xenophobic. It's just usually pro-WASP.

8. Emberstone

then why do they not go libritarian, which holds conservative economic policies to be core values, but also value the liberties and equalities that all deserve. They could keep their anti middle class, pro rich system with the libertarians, and be apart of a group they believings in the liberties and freedoms of all, not just the rich.

9. starfish

As one of the people of which you speak. The short answer is pragmatism. The libertarian party is just too small to have any chance of hold a major office. So I choose to vote for someone that holds at least some of my views. Given the prejudice shown by several posts in this thread I'm not going to waste our time with the long answer.

10. Dan82

In addition to what starfish said there is a significant deference between libertarians and conservatives. Libertarians favor liberty while conservatives prefer order. If you were to read both libertarian and conservative blogs regularly, you would notice a strong difference of opinion on most issues that relate to law enforcement. Libertarians and (most)conservatives also differ considerably in their views on foreign policy

#10 Dan82, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010