1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trial over local[Philadelphia] Boy Scout headquarters begins

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/20100614_Trial_over_local_Boy_Scout_headquarters_begins.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, I just loved that this was at the bottom of the quoted article :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As for the article itself, I think it's completely ridiculous that the Boy Scouts actually think they should be allowed to discriminate. Last I checked, the Catholic church lets gays into their congregations because it's not like they ask "are you gay?", frankly the Boy Scouts asking the same thing is just BS.

3. ANightDude

The Boy Scouts are a moronic Christian organization. You have to be a Christian male to join. Yup. Can't be Muslim or a Jew (or so I've heard).

I quit scouts years ago for this very reason.

4. Emberstone

put it this way... they want it both ways. they want to be able to practices discrimination, racial profiling, and homophobia, but they dont want to be held accountable for breaking the laws and statutes everyone else has to follow.