1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judge Presiding Over Boy Scout Case A Former Scout

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blogs.philadelphiaweekly.com...presiding-over-boy-scouts-case-a-former-scout

2. NickT

Doesn't matter. A judge is expected to look evenly on both sides of an issue. The fact that he was a scout shouldn't have any significance.

3. ANightDude

Because that doesn't sound bad at all.

4. Emberstone

Why is it that the most homophobic institutions are the gayest of them all. hundreds of boys, out in the woods together... a mens only institution with boys serving roles... BSA or catholic church, either way, it is both a metaphorical and literal pain in the ass.

5. ANightDude

Being in scouts years ago, I can tell you this. "Experimenting" is not limited to college kids and teen girl sleepovers. Juss sayin'.

6. Daniel

Ah ha ha ha! So they receive aid from the local government: but are a private organization.

One way or another; they're bigots and hypocrites.

7. British Lad

British Lad Guest

lol
    the scouts in the UK don't seem to have a problem

8. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

If they did act like this one in the report there would be a massive inquest into it and they would be told to become more open or face forced closure. EU laws come into play here.

9. Just Adam

i was a former scout i was captain of the bulldogs :grin: ...wow that was a long time ago...
    anyway... there wasn't any of this back then.... closest we got to experimenting was sharing a tent and having to listen to the other snore >.>

i dont see how they can discriminate its sad. they should be promoting equality and good learning to help develop kids ...oh well ..

asfor the judge i dont think being a former scout means anything.