1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas GOP: Performing Gay Cermonies Should Be A Felony

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ANightDude, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ANightDude

http://advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/06/19/Tex_GOP_Performing_Gay_Ceremonies_Should_Be_Felony/

Before we start any discussion, let me say avoid the whole Texas stereotype thing. The Texas GOP does NOT work for the benefits of the people, they've made that pretty clear. They are concerned with themselves and their viewpoints.

Plus, this outta have mixed reactions. How many Texas Republicans would be happy to see a Pastor/Priest/etc. dragged off to jail? Not many.

2. Those kinds of religious fucktards give good people in Texas a bad name. I feel bad for you and your fellow Texans. I would hate it if these assholes tried to represent my state.

And anyone who agrees with these people deserves to be punched in the face. Period. I have to respect for anyone who is hateful enough to agree with something like this.

:bang:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I wasn't going to bash Texas. I was just going to say this GOP is completely 100% INSANE. :slight_smile: They basically are trying to take away ALL rights...
    1. Why should officiating a gay ceremony be illegal? Why not make it the same for officiating an interracial marriage?
    2. Yes let's take away the right to health care. Go GOP! -_-
    3. English the official language of the USA. Wow.....this is just dumb plus I thought that it kinda already was and that Spanish was the secondary language. Just like English is the official language of Canada and French is the secondary. (Secondary not meaning to sound like second-class, just saying it's the other language basically that people generally have to learn in school lol)
    4. Voter Identification...nuff said.
    5. Stem Cell research. I don't really know about my opinions on this specific topic so I really can't criticize or agree....
    and 6.

----------

Forgot to do 6. Sorry...
    6. Sonograms for abortions. Wow....they're taking away women's rights now too. GO FIGURE.

#3 Revan, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. Dan82

I’m pretty certain it’s already illegal in Texas; in most states it’s against the law to perform any marriage without a license. Here's the law from Ohio:http://www.sos.state.oh.us/MinisterLicense/law.aspx

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there you go then lol.

6. ANightDude

The idea is that any pastor, priest, and gay couple (?) caught doing so would have a major felony on their hands. Right now if a priest in Texas performs it, it is just seen as invalid, not illegal.

7. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    English isn't the offical language of the united states. It's what's most predominatly spoken (or rather the american version of english) but there are no laws stating it as the official language. Canada on the other hand does have an official language; two in fact: English and French. It's an actual law in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. And being an official language by law does actuall have consequences. For instance in Canada (a summary copied from wikipedia):

But the ramifications of an offical language aren't the actual goals from groups that call for it to be a law. It's almost always a means to discriminate against immigrants and racially motivated.

#7 ArcusPravus, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that's what I should of said I meant...

9. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bigoted, idiotic, insane - I declare, Texas Republicans are undeniably the most upstanding Americans.

10. NickT

Since everyone's touching up on the other points, I'll be the Bio nerd and touch on stem cell research.

Stem cells are like the the father of just about any cell. If a scientist has a stem cell, he could potentially modify it and it'll become any cell he chooses: muscle, neuron, connective, etc. This is why it is so important in order to cure serious diseases that wear down these cells. The problem? A good source of stem cells is embryos. By now you should know that just uttering the word "embryo," these people will yell out, "SCREW THE LIVES OF OTHERS! SAVE THE FETUS!" (Notice the obvious change of embryo to fetus. Call me biased but you know they'd do this.)

Now, stem cells can be taken from adults, it's just those stem cells cannot differentiate into as many different types of cells as embryonic stem cells. The embryonic scells can give rise to over 200 different types of cells, for instance. Not only that, but they can propagate indefinitely (Self-renewal).

The medical usage of stem-cell research, as I said, is to help fight against diseases that take away, damage, or retard those tissues, such as fragile-X syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, and Parkinson's Disease. The problem is that because it's from an embryo (More specifically a blastocyst, which is really just a stage after zygote), people go crazy over it and impose regulations, meaning that apparently one baby is more important than the lives of thousands of suffering individuals.

*Gets off the soapbox*

11. chained butterfly

Sigh......
    These fucktards should be re-educated again. You fail for texas....
    I feel bad for the people in texas that have to deal with these shitheads

12. HackmanWIU

I wouldn't be too worried, these guys have been barking up that tree for decades now.

13. Beachboi92

Religious freedom, they are fucked in the head if they think this will work and if it does i will seriously move to another country this is starting to get ridiculous.

14. donnie5

good thing crazy people like these guys don't rule the world

15. Emberstone

You can embezell money. You can polute the enviorment for profits. you can beat your wife!

BUT DONT BE DA GAY!!!

Welcome to texas. Where they wear huge belt buckles to hide their insecure masculinity.

16. Being from Texas, and proud to be from Texas, this makes me sick. I can't say that I'm surprised as this is the same kind of thing the right wing assholes have been spewing for years, all across the country. I guess it just goes to show you, 8 years in power is bad for a party, because when they lose the power, they go nuts.

----------

Not that they werent already crazy

17. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

This really doesn't surprise me. It's from Texas.

Don't get me wrong..I know there are smart people in Texas (travelinsoul21 and obviously more) but there tends to be a large amount of idiotic right wing teabaggers from Texas..

18. Emberstone

politicians always are crazy. it doesnt matter if they are in power or not, or where in the political spectrum they lie.

I think this is less crazy, as it is inhumane, unchristian, and unamerican. christ made it clear hate is a sin, and so the texas GOP's long standing and fervently outspoken hatred of gays, feminists, hispanics(legal or not), and non fundie christians and other religious people, well, lets just say, they have dug a deep hole for themselves in this life and the next according to the religion they claim to exemplify.

But michelle bachman is extremely crazy and mentally unstable... even for a far right wing whackjob.

19. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my land, Michelle Bachmann. And I used to think that Minnesotans were so reasonable.

20. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

You know, I am hoping that we may just be able to pull off a miracle this fall and oust Rick Perry and replace him with Bill White. It would be our first Democratic governor since the 90's and I think the polls show that they two are running pretty close. It will be the first time that I have ever voted Democrat, but if the Texas GOP is going to pull a stunt like this, then they really leave me with no choice.