1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual man beaten to death in Iran, another bi man lashed for bisexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.examiner.com/x-3366-Bise...in-Iran-another-bi-man-lashed-for-bisexuality

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lovely.......-_-

3. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the end result of the subjection of a society to Sharia Law for multiple generations.

4. ANightDude

Good God, the U.S. and other countries need to offer asylum for all these people in the Middle East. This is awful.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Yes.

All I know is that if I were ever a ruler of a country, the first thing I would do would be to either offer the countries protection if they provided equal rights for LGBT people, if they don't, I'd wipe them off the planet. :slight_smile:

6. Étoile

Then cause a massive war?

I don't understand how people can think of these punishments as normal or just.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

;3 Hence why I will never allow myself to gain power

8. booby

not every Middle Eastern person is crazy , i live in ksa (the place where Islam came out from .. prophet Mohammed -peace be upon him- lived like an hour away with a plane :grin: )

although 98% of the ppl here are homophobic asswipes , you do find some good ones .. i have some friends at school who are so kind to me it makes me blush .. while others hit me and call me bad words and threaten to tell the school or my sister , etc.
    i dont act/talk about gay topics with a couple of my friends and they pretend like they dont know im gay or that im just a 'happy hyper-active' person.

so please dont generalize , im sure there are many open-minded ppl here :slight_smile:

but as soon as i graduate , im going to college in the most country filled with LGBT's i can find :icon_wink

9. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    To be fare i don't think people are having ago at the people of these nation's more the government's and there archaic laws and treatment of people of a different sexuality.

10. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. People within the nation may be tolerant or accepting, but as long as the nation's government and laws are backward and continues to persecute there won't be much change.

11. ANightDude

I wasn't generalizing, I'm saying that in countries where gay men and women are tortured and sentanced to execution, asylum should be offered. We've been doing it in the middle east from troubled countries since the gulf war, and that hasn't caused any kind of war. I'm sure these countries who torture and kill these people won't start a war to get them back. It wouldn't make logical sense.

12. booby

oh no they will .. they tried making a type of drug (like ecstasy/cocaine) illegal in Yemen , but because it was 'tradition' for the ppl in Yemen they kept it lol

same thing here , anyone who isnt straight and married by the age of 30 is considered sick and should get treatment/wife lol .. they dont think there is a way for someone to be gay .. that its something guys do to get attention or to piss off their parents , or that its temporary or as a result of something/trauma .. disgusting (anything but the fact that its something your born with lol)

so yes , for them torturing/killing gays is a must >.<
    its a 'shame' for a family to have a 'feminine' kid

of course im trying to change that here .. im proving that you can be gay and polite , gay and smart :wink: