1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNN documentary 'Gary and Tony' takes big-hearted look at gay parenthood

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/21/AR2010062104408.html

2. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

My partner and I have been doing alot of reading about becoming gay fathers, so I am really excited that CNN is doing a documentary on this. Thank you so much for posting this. I will be sure to record and watch this :slight_smile: .

3. Blondie

Blondie Guest

only wish i could watch it dont have cable

4. D_Alejandro

I might have to watch this! Thank you!

5. Emberstone

so wonderful for fox to do a docuementary about the manson murders... after msnbc did a indepth one first. wtg fox... talk about being fresh.

go back to finding nazi's and communists in your alphabet cereal.

I am looking forward to the documentary on cnn though. however, I kind of wish their first 'gay in america' documentary would have been broader than just two guys.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I agree but I think a lot of that has to do with subconscious stereotyping. Like, if they showed two women in a same-sex relationship about to become mothers I think it wouldn't really make as big a point (because women are "supposed" to be the nurturing ones by instinct *eyeroll*). Sure some people would still get the point, but it gives a much harder jab at our society's gender roles by showing two men having a family and doing it successfully in a way that many people still argue is still only possible in a heterosexual relationship.

7. Can't wait to see it!

8. AlyssWonderland

I'll probably DVR it or something :slight_smile: