1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman sues church over gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/24/gay-marriage-splits-african-american-church/

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The Bible also says you should give everything you own to the poor.

I don't see her doing that.

Hypocrite.

3. Emberstone

here is the problem. once the tithe is given, you have no claim over it. Also, you are not required to tithe, nor are you required to go to a church you tithed at your entire life.

She is just a bitter old crone who has to complain about something.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

She dropped the lawsuit. I saw it on MSNBC.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    We need to congratulate Covenant Baptist, whose preachers decided to preach tolerance and love in the face of criticism. Some insane old hag decides to defect? Good riddance.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. it's also at the end of the video in the link.

Personally I feel proud of the black pastors for doing this. You always hear about black people saying it's nothing like their struggles, yet these two feel it is. As for the woman, her voice is so sweet it makes me want to like her, but her "this is disgusting" makes me not like her at all.

As for the couple that's wed in the video, without trying to be bigoted myself, I kinda didn't even realize the woman in the tux was a woman until the reporter said she was....I almost thought "why are they showing a straight couple being married in this type of report?" But I suppose that just goes to show what a dumb dumb head I am...

7. :roflmao:

Same. I seriously thought that it was a straight couple. Does that make me a dumbass?

And I am really glad that the lawsuit was dropped. The lawsuit is fucking stupid. :tantrum:

8. Emberstone

I get annoyed when people say "oh gays dont have to face what blacks faced". in truth, the only difference is that it is harder for people who discriminate against us to figure out quickly that we are gay. But we face violent hurassment, murder, assult, and discrimination along the same lines. Things that were said about the african american's during the civil rights era, have been said about us for centuries and beyond: that we are immoral. that we are lesser beings. We are told that we are ruining society. Like african americans faced (example, read up on the film 'Birth of a nation'.) we are told we kidnap and corrupt children.

Kudos for these pastors for recognizing that any abuse of civil rights and equality is wrong, no matter who is the victim.