1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A video about DADT that I've been watching a lot...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Jun 24, 2010.

1. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtx6Lcltg_E[/YOUTUBE]

Damn. I also watched the 60 Minutes they did on Don't Ask Don't Tell at least two times this week. I've become really interested in these news programs on the subject. The existence of this discriminatory policy (or any discriminatory policy, for that matter) disturbs me. The people who oppose the repeal need to look back at the time when blacks weren't allowed to serve. They were being judged as unequal and inferior. I believe that the majority of people were opposed to letting them serve when Truman issued the executive order allowing them to be integrated into the military. Obama has the power to do the same thing, and it frustrates me when people say that allowing openly LGBT people serve would affect "unit cohesion", even though there is a lot of evidence pointing to the contrary. Nowadays, the people who believed that blacks deserved less rights are judged as being assholes in all of the history books. The same will happen when LGBT Americans have every right that heterosexuals do. I sincerely hope that more people will realize this and learn to accept diversity, seeing as how this is a place where there is "liberty and justice" for all. And I think that using religion as an argument in favor of keeping Don't Ask Don't Tell is unacceptable. That violates separation of church and state, which is very important to our country.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this wonderful YouTube video? (&&&)

EDIT: Dammit! I put it into the wrong category. This is what happens when you don't get any sleep...

#1 AlexPatrickMorrissey, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I thought the entire point of America was to get what everyone wants? According to the first speaker, it only matters what conservatives want. Yes, he said that. His reasoning were because most people in the military were conservative, so their opinions matter.

First of all, most people going into the army are associated with no political party. They are not political at all. Their goal is defending the country, not politics.

Secondly, after they leave the army indefinitely, most become liberal.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what just they think. It matters what everyone thinks, including the public because the army's job is to defend the government and the public. The public has a say in this.

Anderson Cooper is my boo.

3. The first speaker pissed me off like crazy. Even if what he is saying is true, there are still A LOT of liberals. What about them? Do they not matter at all?

And yeah, I think the public deserves to have a say in all of this. The military is protecting us and our beliefs. I want to know why we civilians are any less qualified to say anything related to gays in the military.

Lastly, I do think that people in the military are professional enough to fight alongside openly gay people. They are protecting the whole country, not just the white, heterosexual, Christian conservatives. Does separation of church and state ring a bell? :bang:

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The US's policy of separation of church and state is very VERY leniant.

I mean..look at France. They're policy is perfect.

In fact, my school had a few French exchange students (and one exchange teacher) and they were all surprised and baffled at the pledge.

5. LOL, I stopped doing the pledge when I was 9. The pledge is bullshit.

I bet France thinks we're insane. The US has done some really dumb stuff before.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

We're the most religious industralized country, a lot of people think we're insane :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I want to stop doing the pledge, but I don't like to make a scene. My homeroom teacher thinks she can make us.

7. No One

Where can we watch the 60 minute one?

8. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJDBljXYvw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn1kpwGiZsg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I forgot where the other parts are. I'll edit them in when I find them. :slight_smile:

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh...I didn't realize that gay people had different conduct then straight....hmm let me think what I do every day....

1. Wake up...
    2. Shower
    3. Brush my teeth, put on deodorant, brush my hair down. (no use of hair products, just I brush it down flat)
    4. Have breakfast or lunch depending when I wake up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    5. Play video games
    6. Work - Personal Support Worker
    7. Have dinner
    8. Go running
    9. Play more video games, or catch a movie with friends, or watch tv/movies
    10. Go to bed...

Hmm now is that different than straight guys? Nope...nope...I don't think it is. So I guess Mike Huckabee was once again...an idiot.