1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

County supervisor in Milwaukee doesn't know Arizona borders Mexico

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so this doesn't really have to do with LGBT rights, but I thought it was important just to show how scary it is that we have elected officials who are SOOOO STUPID that they don't realize that Arizona borders Mexico.

This woman didn't misspeak; her statement that Arizona is not a border state is central to her argument. She also has a college degree.

Really scary.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQp8M0bkarM[/YOUTUBE]

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Welcome to America.

3. Nodnarb

I find people's lack of geography knowledge in general to be horrifying. Maybe it's just because I enjoy learning about other parts of the world (or even just our own country...) and do know a lot about where countries and major cities and such are located (and could probably have told you that Arizona bordered Mexico back in elementary school...), but I am constantly amazed at how little people know about the world around them.

4. No One

Mmmhmm...

5. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Perhaps I'm just tired and my brain is trying to prevent damage from the amount of stupidity required to understand someone not knowing Arizona borders Mexico (or at lesat someone from the U.S. as I don't expect those of other nations to know out internal states just as I don't know how England or France are broken down), but why does she even bring it up? Last I checked, Milwaukee is in southern Wisconsin which is neither Arizona, Texas, or a border state.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it was some debate to determine whether or not the city council should condemn Arizona or do a trade embargo or something. The embarrassing part is she's a liberal democrat with a college degree, and (so far as I've seen at least) this level of blatant stupidity is normally reserved for uneducated republicans.

7. Charme

Charme Guest

Yes and yes.

8. Just Adam

your all idiots. everyone knows Arizona borders Um Bongo

i miss um bongo i want some

9. xCrazyInsanity

Even my geography is better, and I didn't know that china wasn't the entire continent of asia until i was 10

10. Étoile

A lot of people I know have terrible geographical skills. It's like they slept all throughout elementary Social Studies or something.

My sister, at the age of 18, didn't know Hollywood was in California or that Las Vegas was in Nevada.

11. Emberstone

arent there only four border states? california, new mexico, arizona, and texas?

I think utah is internal, only bordering other states, but might be wrong about that.

how hard is it to remeber 4(5) states?

In highschool, in my us history class, we were given a map and told to label the states. i got 46 out of 50 right, and i felt bad about even that. the new england states messed me up a bit. but there were highschools that only got 10 out of 50.

oh god... no... *tries to control his youtubing fingers*...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/YOUTUBE]