1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christians protest gay pride parade in Norway

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sokk, Jun 26, 2010.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oslo had a gay pride parade today, since it's pride week in the capital.

Unfortunately some Christians had to come and ruin it. They had banners saying "marriage is only between a man and a woman" and that "gay people are sick" etc.

Norway legalized gay marriage last year, but this country is still VERY conservative. The Christians still have a hold on this country and it's still tough to be gay here. We have gay marriage, but the general attitudes in the country hasn't changed much.. Only slightly more than half, or 52 %, of Norwegians support gay marriage. To compare, 70 % of the Argentine people support gay marriage.

If I had to choose I would pick no gay marriage and instead open minded people. Gay marriage doesn't mean much when we are still being seen as freaks by the general society. It's sad.

Sorry about my rant.. You can watch pics from the event here, and the idiots who protested:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/06/26/nyheter/innenriks/homoparade/12311621/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ummm....this means what? It's not news but thanks for reporting it anyway.