1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest obstacle for China's gays: Social pressure for marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/27/1703173/biggest-obstacle-for-chinas-gays.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Interesting article. I'm amazed how a set a values in a culture can influence the actions of one so much. We had Chinese students in my class, and one read a paper I wrote on homosexuality. He wrote a comment along the lines of how brave it is that someone can come out in society and be open about it.

Also, Revan, if you have nothing useful to post, then don't post anything at all.

#3 Swamp56, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    QFT Swamp. That is what I have to say. It's ridiculous that they need to actually find a gay male couple to do this. But this is the country who decriminalized homosexuality much later than other developed countries. Hence the facepalm.

5. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Back when I was scared and in the closet, I actually considered something like this. I didn't want to hurt a girl and I didn't want to come out so I figured that if I could find another closeted lesbian, we could come to an understanding and all my problems would be solved.