1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay soldiers subpoena Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0610/Gay_soldiers_subpoena_Obama.html

2. Just Adam

obama could save face with lgbt people here if he does show and supports them as they are right he did say to pressure him and they are...

if he don't show i think it confirms his cold detached attitude to promises.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

If he doesn't show it just proves he's another politician lying.

4. Emberstone

god forbid people remeber that is it congress, not the president, who has the authority to repeal laws... the president can only veto/sign a bill.

5. NickT

I don't like where this is going...

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

That has nothing to do with what I said.

He has only proposed a few laws of the handfulls that he said he would, and from what we all know, it doesn't look like he's going to do much more.

He can propose laws. (anyone can)

Also, why would he tell people to do something, then not support them? That's what it would be if he didn't appear at the court case. Now of course there are good reasons for not showing up, but most likely if he doesn't he will probably just come up with some half-ass excuse.

But don't get me wrong, I love me some Obama. I think he's doing wonderful~

7. Emberstone

so lt dan choi, a famed assfuck limelight whore, who has spent the last few months commiting criminal acts, thinks that he has the authority to subpoena the president of the united states to a testiny in his defence after tresspassing and chaining himself to goverment property in a attempt to get more fame by keeping his name in the news.

he does it while countless legitimate lgbt activist continue to go through proper channels to try to get action taken.

he has made it very clear that he cares more about his fifteen minutes of fame, than he does about real action. if he truly cared about lgbt rights, he would be going out and trying to change the perception... not painting us as petty criminals breaking the law, and adding more fuel to the anti-gay fire.

obama has come out and advocated for laws. people just dont seem to care until they dont get everything they wanted at a snap of a finger.

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Again you took the wrong message from my post.

Or I am taking the wrong message from yours.

I am so confused right now.

HUG! (*hug*)

9. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

I highly disagree with you. I have met and still keep in contact with Lt. Dan Choi, to this day. He is not seeking his fifteen minutes of fame he just has some radical yet prevailing tactics up his sleeve to protest. Everyone has their own way including yourself. He's not the first to have radical tactics of protesting nor, will he be the last. He is a very kind man and he founded and organization way before he was in the light of the American citizens called, Knights Out. So before you make judgment on someone please, know them before.

10. Dtownandrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Obama has lived up to his promises to LGBT people. We should all vote independent in 2012.

11. Just Adam

this isnt even really about dan choi ...its about obama saying we need to pressure and not let him forget... ok i don't like what these lot do ut they are still doing no harm to anyone or anything and are peacefully if anti socially reminding obama of his pledge like he asked them to by not going away...

they are following the orders of the president...it a good defence..

and obama should be there to defend his citizens who have done no real harm other than wanting the president to fulfil his promise of working for equality amongst the people of the country.

if obama does not show in their defence then what he says really mean nothing we shouldn't listen to him again. ive said all along hes all mouth nothing to back it up with..i know he cant make decisions really but this he can do ... so it will be very telling.

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

No he hasn't. The only thing he has done so far out of the multiple things he promised is push the repeal of DADT. But he has 2 years left, so I am hopeful~

I am going to vote for the person I like, regardless of party.

13. Emberstone

all he can do is call for it. you cant blame him if congress is dragging their feet constantly on everything.

14. Just Adam

but we can blame him for shite leadership... be understandable it all being blocked etc if the republicans had majority but they don't...obamas own party arent behind him...any other country it would cause a political coup.

15. Dtownandrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that he personally can't do anything about it, but it wouldn't hurt him to be more proactive. I feel that he hasn't made it enough of an issue.